The 'I'm not bothered' excuse from red tw*ts

Anticipated this from them.

Said to a Rag last week what will you think if you lose, he said that there was no way and that they were 100% gonna do the treble AGAIN.
This game was gonna be their platform and it was gonna be the catalyst to us imploding, missing CL, sacking RM, Balo and Tevez going and us being a laughing stock as we get in another manager and more mercenaries.

OK we haven't yet finished the job but that game was absolutely massive for both sides and if any Rag tells you they're not arsed they're thick, a liar or both.

They care obviously. But to be fair, I think we'd care a hell of a lot more if we'd have lost.
Had they won they still wouldn't be celebrating like they won the cup, 4 days on from the game, when there's still nothing won yet.

If we'd have lost we'd have cared a hell of a lot more.
They have the Premiership title (unforunately it's pretty much written in stone) and a good enough chance of winning the CL (if things very much go their way).

So while they cared on the day, and I'm sure it still hurts a bit, it would have pained us a hell of a lot more.
At the end of the day, while celebrating is great and we deserve it after beating them, but it brings us back around to this small club mentality.

But from their point of view, if we had the title in the bag and a CL semi to look forward to, and we lost the cup, I doubt we'd be too cut up about it.
Lets put it another way. How many of us would be saying it's "just the FA Cup" if we were able to swop it for the Premiership/CL. We'd swop it in the morning, no hesistation. The FA Cup is nice (and we haven't won it yet) but it's always been an underdog competition, the weaker teams thrive (look at the other finalists) and usually the top clubs fall as something has to give when you're giving so much at all fronts.

We should enjoy this now,enjoy the small victories, because we'll have them singing non stop when they win the Premiership at the end of the season and God help us if they get to the CL final and Barca have an off day.
Even before we played them, their 100% focus is the Premiership and the CL. The cup was a second thought. If they had to loose somewhere, it was always going to be in the Cup. It wasn't their priority. Not even nearly.
Whether we'll admit that or not is another thing all together. But unforunately that's the truth of it.

BatleyBlue said:
Half of them seem to think they have already won this years League and Champions League - and they have the cheek to say to us 'You've gotta win it first'

if Arsenal win tonight it's back on.

the scum have to play arsenal and chelsea yet.

their sheer arrogance is beyond belief.

'we don't care you beat us, we've won the league' April 16th 2011.

idiots.

Freestyler said:
BatleyBlue said:
Half of them seem to think they have already won this years League and Champions League - and they have the cheek to say to us 'You've gotta win it first'

if Arsenal win tonight it's back on.

the scum have to play arsenal and chelsea yet.

their sheer arrogance is beyond belief.

'we don't care you beat us, we've won the league' April 16th 2011.

idiots.

I think they have won the league though, rsenal are trying there upmost to not win it but finish 2nd its Wengers new philosiphy

Rahart said:
They care obviously. But to be fair, I think we'd care a hell of a lot more if we'd have lost.
Had they won they still wouldn't be celebrating like they won the cup, 4 days on from the game, when there's still nothing won yet.

They have the Premiership title (unforunately it's pretty much written in stone) and a good enough chance of winning the CL (if things very much go their way).

So while they cared on the day, and I'm sure it still hurts a bit, it would have pained us a hell of a lot more.
At the end of the day, while celebrating is great and we deserve it after beating them, but it brings us back around to this small club mentality.

But from their point of view, if we had the title in the bag and a CL semi to look forward to, and we lost the cup, I doubt we'd be too cut up about it.
Lets put it another way. How many of us would be saying it's "just the FA Cup" if we were able to swop it for the Premiership/CL. We'd swop it in the morning, no hesistation. The FA Cup is nice (and we haven't won it yet) but it's always been an underdog competition, the weaker teams thrive (look at the other finalists) and usually the top clubs fall as something has to give when you're giving so much at all fronts.

Utter bollocks.

This will be only the second time since 1995 that a club other than the "Big Four" have won the FA Cup.

Mike C said:
Rahart said:

Utter bollocks.

This will be only the second time since 1995 that a club other than the "Big Four" have won the FA Cup.

Techinically there wasnt a big 4 untill 2004 and Chelsea won the cup a few times during that period

You can conduct your own test on this. I've done it before. Whenever I've started a new job in a warehouse or factory and in the first day or two,you notice a gobby,slimey turd that no fucker likes,who crawls around the boss,telling tales on his workmates, I've often asked the other lads "is he a rag"? Nearly 100% of the time he is. It's like there's something missing or defective upstairs. I'm not just saying this as a general insult, it's true. The office/shopfloor/warehouse moron is always a rag.

Mike C said:
Rahart said:

Utter bollocks.

My point is that this (and the Carling Cup) isn't their top priority. And it wouldn't be ours either if we were in their position.

mcfc_ms said:
I got a text after the game saying that the FA Cup doesn't count unless you win another to go with it. Ha

I had that off a rag (and FC mini scum) mate....Asked him where his treble and new ground had gone then laughed at anything else he said. They're the worst losers going. Only 1 rag I know said City played better but followed it with "that Balotelli is a nob". I said yeah, but he's OUR nob.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.