The "Im offended/outraged" culture these days

Tom Hiddleston has had to write a long apology on Facebook apologising for his Golden Globes acceptance speech after causing "outrage". This is what he said that caused offence...

"One night... a group of doctors and nurses wanted to say hello... because they had binge-watched The Night Manager," he continued.
"The idea that we could provide some relief and entertainment for the people who... are fixing the world in the places it is broken made me immensely proud.""

What is going on these days, why do people seem to be in a rush to get offended? Its madness.
I can see absolutely nothing wrong in what he said there but apparently the offensive bit is about them "binge watching" his show. Whenever anything happens its like a challenge to see who can be the most offended, offense seems to now equal morals.

Thank god he didn't use the word swarm, would have ruined his career

Wait-Meme-Cool-HD.jpg

Look hard enough and you'll see a long moustached man. Should I be offended by it?

At work, I have to attend a yearly Equality and Diversity course to ensure that I understand how my actions and comment may offend others. One of the instructors listed a number of words which we may find offensive, on an increasing scale of strength (b**ch, p**f, w**ker, etc). When he got to the sharper end of the scale, he asked who would be offended by the word c**t. When I said no, one our management staff was genuinely offended that I said that I wasn't offended. C**T!

This.
He got mocked for apparently telling everyone how great it was to be him.
Now that's a whole other can of worms the armchair citics/twitter-WUMS desperate to start memes. It's the chicken and egg argument: Which came first the little delicate snowflakes competing to be the most offended by the most insignificant bollocks just so they can tell themselves they are better than everyone else for having their over the top moral codes or the attention seeking WUMS desperate for fame/recognition/cred to feed their overinflated egos and sense of being cooler/better than everyone else... world's gone mad I tell you, reason? Boredom.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.