The impact of VAR next season. Good for us. Terrible for Man Utd

VAR would get the most decisions right and I'm perfectly fine with that. Portugal vs Switzerland game was wonderful example of getting the decision right. if that was the World Cup final and Portugal's penalty led to 2:0 and game over, it would be a huge injustice for Switzerland. Yes, there would be some controversial decisions where interpretations may vary but it will make more decisions right and that's what we were asking for refs to do for decades. Bring it on.

VAR would get the most decisions right and I'm perfectly fine with that. Portugal vs Switzerland game was wonderful example of getting the decision right. if that was the World Cup final and Portugal's penalty led to 2:0 and game over, it would be a huge injustice for Switzerland. Yes, there would be some controversial decisions where interpretations may vary but it will make more decisions right and that's what we were asking for refs to do for decades. Bring it on.
Wasn’t a pen for me ,VAR will kill the game for the match going fan in my opinion.

When Jaoaoaoao Felix missed a sitter earlier, he was clearly pulled back by the shoulder as he stretched for the ball.

Mo Salah gets that pen every time. He didn't, but a bloke running into another guys leg & tripping himself up, gets one at the other end. Mo will love that. Possible new routine.

Wasn’t a pen for me ,VAR will kill the game for the match going fan in my opinion.
Yes I think it is going to be almost as controversial as pre-VAR for penalties and sending off's because so much subjectivity is involved in many of these decisions.
Sometimes you could look at an incident from 20 different angles and still be unsure if it is a penalty or a yellow/red card. It should however, get rid of most of the really bad decisions which refs make or obvious things they don't see for some reason.
Offside is more clear cut 99% of the time at least and will be accepted by most fans. Personally I think the major talking point early in the new season is going to be the application of the new hand ball rule and in particular likely widespread attempts to engineer penalties against the spirit of the game. That is not something that can be blamed on VAR though.

When Jaoaoaoao Felix missed a sitter earlier, he was clearly pulled back by the shoulder as he stretched for the ball.

Mo Salah gets that pen every time. He didn't, but a bloke running into another guys leg & tripping himself up, gets one at the other end. Mo will love that. Possible new routine.
This is the issue for me. Inconsistencies from game to game will probably always be there. But to not flag up the pull on the shoulder which clearly affected his balance on the Felix one, and then over rule the Swiss one in the same match, cannot be right. It should only be used like other sports to get rid of the stinker decisions, otherwise it will ruin the game for fans. It will be interesting to see how the implementation goes in the PL - teams will definitely look to take advantage and I can see even more players going down in the box from the slightest touch.

This is the issue for me. Inconsistencies from game to game will probably always be there. But to not flag up the pull on the shoulder which clearly affected his balance on the Felix one, and then over rule the Swiss one in the same match, cannot be right. It should only be used like other sports to get rid of the stinker decisions, otherwise it will ruin the game for fans. It will be interesting to see how the implementation goes in the PL - teams will definitely look to take advantage and I can see even more players going down in the box from the slightest touch.

It's also shit, wiping out goals for being 6 inches offside.

Some of the best games ever, & best goals ever would have been ruined by that.

In the City/Spurs game, we shouldn't have had a pen in the first game & should have been allowed the winner.

I remember cursing Samir Nasri for allowing the ball to run out of play, and then moaning when the referee awarded the throw-in to QPR.
Thirty Seconds later, I was on my hands and knees in floods of tears.
Imagine, if Nasri had been right all along, and VAR had instructed Mike Dean to restart the game with a City throw-in
As for last night, what struck me about the Switzerland penalty was that the angles contradicted each other, and nobody (officials and commentators included) seemed too sure.
In other words, it wasn't a clear and obvious mistake.

It was the same in the 4 CL games against Schalke and Tottenham when the combined VAR decisions reached double figures.

This wasn't why VAR was introduced, but eventually every goal will be contested and reviewed.

Also its still wrong. Look at the 1/4 final vs spuds. That big stiff idiot Lorrentes goal was a handball and aguero was onside.

With var coming in next season I think we will be the only members in the centurion group because no team will get 100 points again because it will be impossible to get all the luck going there way, so bring on var.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.