The invincibles

They were on 8 in all comps since the loss to PSG, 9 domestically since they drew with Arsenal.
Yeah my mistake that. Trying to think what he could have been on about. Unbeaten at home perhaps?

Wasn't the unbeaten run in the league, as ours was 30 and theirs was 20.

Last edited:
Yeah my mistake that. Trying to think what he could have been on about. Unbeaten at home perhaps?
20 games into the league season unbeaten is all I can think of tbh, although we actually hit 30 iirc as we went 7 unbeaten at the end of the 16/17 season. Just talking bollocks to hype up the dippers most likely, after 21 games last season we had 59 points, were in the league cup semis and had romped our Champions League group with 5 wins in the first 5 games, bit of a difference there.

logic dictates that comparing past to present serves little purpose. Boxing, horse-racing, auto sport football music, in fact virtually anything competitive. It can never be definitive, but passes the time. Going purely off tables/standings only indicates how dominant a team/champion was for that season, which may have been weaker or stronger than normal. In the sixties, the double-winning spuds team dominated, dippers dominated the seventies, rags and arse dominated the early prem, mourhinos first chelsea team dominated for a time. Imo, last season City dominated the prem in a way no-one has got close to equalling, it was actually fkin ridiculous, and as this season unfolds it emphasises just how ridiculous it was. Pep has said it many times, it's only now that I know what he means. And also how he needed a sabbatical, the level of intensity is cruel, the pressure remorseless. Already, the 100 points holy grail is almost certainly out of reach and we've only lost 3 games.....other teams have improved....players got injured, lost form, in short (?) retaining the title would surpass last years achievement, yet the record-books would indicate we had fallen back. Invincibles, ok, much prefer "Centurions" meself

In the sixties, the double-winning spuds team
Wouldn't call 1 league title and 3 FA cups dominating a decade really. We've got 3 titles, 1 FA Cup and 3 League Cups this decade with 2 seasons worth of honours to aim for and at best we're sharing the decade with Chelsea and perhaps the rags.

Wouldn't call 1 league title and 3 FA cups dominating a decade really. We've got 3 titles, 1 FA Cup and 3 League Cups this decade with 2 seasons worth of honours to aim for and at best we're sharing the decade with Chelsea and perhaps the rags.

yep you're right, spurs didn't dominate but for that one season they played to a higher level than anyone else, like City last season. They found it too tough to maintain though, which was the point i was struggling to make about defending the title being harder than winning it. I blame brexit :)

They can now reach a maximum of 105 points.

So we need a couple of defeats in the next two weeks so they can only achieve 99 at most, don’t want them being Centurions n’all
They will lose one when you least expect it. They also have to play Everton & Stretford away and Spurs & Chelsea at home must drop a point or two there.

They could get to 100 points but I don't think they will go past our total.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.