The Invisible Man (Soriano) speaks...

Football is a habit for a lot of people. An emotional investment that many people, especially the working class, spend a lot of money on.

However, I personally know people whose life used to revolve around City and have packed it for good. What's even more staggering is that they don't regret it in the slightest.

They now go on an extra family holiday a year and have a lot more disposable income whilst watching City in the pub etc.

The worrying aspect of that though is that I don't think the people in question will ever recommit to getting a ST.

That's fans who followed us through thick and thin who have found it easy to stop going.

I'm not solely blaming the club for this because I still think that ST prices are reasonable. That said, the further we progress in competitions, the more expensive it gets and I think once people get into the habit of not going to City they may never go back.

This is my main issue with the club. Our success will easily attract a lot of JCLs and glory hunters. They may well have more money and attend the big games and finals. But will they be there when we have a blip?

An increasing capacity is brilliant for the club but they have to price it correctly. In the past two months a ST holder on a £500 card will have paid:

£100 (2x instalments of ST)
£150 Wembley ticket and day out
£30 Kiev
£45 PSG

That's over £300 in two months and that's without adding on kids or a spouse.

If people can't see how expensive football as a whole is then I'm gob smacked. It's not about having an 'I'm alright Jack' attitude. It's making sure that the sport many people have grown up to love is not only available to the wealthier people.

I personally know people whose life used to revolve around City and have packed it for good. What's even more staggering is that they don't regret it in the slightest.

They now go on an extra family holiday a year and have a lot more disposable income whilst watching City in the pub etc.

The worrying aspect of that though is that I don't think the people in question will ever recommit to getting a ST.

That's fans who followed us through thick and thin who have found it easy to stop going.
People have frequently stopped watching their football club live as they've got older and their priorities have changed. Some come back to it after a while, others don't. There's nothing new in what you've described, mate.

People have frequently stopped watching their football club live as they've got older and their priorities have changed. Some cone back to it, others don't. There's nothing new in what you've described, mate.

That's true and I suppose when I grow a little older and have kids my priorities will change.

I just find it a little sad that some families will get priced out because of our success.

The extra games alone with the extended cups runs can be a financial burden at times. That's without the increase in ticket prices.

Then again it's strange that I'm even complaining in the slightest with our success. I think we all dreamed of winning competitions and joining the elite but didn't take into the account the cost of being successful.

Hopefully the club will continue to offer cheap tickets in the COC cup and FA cup early rounds because we need an incentive to bring in the younger fans.

This was the conversation I got my figures from maybe @Pablo ZZZ Peroni would have a bigger breakdown.

At the ST relocation window there were c4800 STs available in the range £299-£475. After the window was closed, there were more pitchside seats added and also they later sold off additional £299 tickets which were mainly random singles. I'd estimate maybe a total of 5500 seats in the range £299-£475.

Also, for 2014/2015 the average yield per ST seat was £485 including all the concessions (Disabled, U16, U21, Senior etc etc). The amount for 2015/2016 is likely to be very similar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.