The Invisible Man (Soriano) speaks...

Just as a side note: we were in The Mad Hatter in New York for the Norwich game earlier this month: so were Soriano and Marwood. They were in NY because NYCFC had their 'home opener' at Yankee Stadium the next day. I think Marwood buggered off, but Soriano sat at the bar and watched the game with the rest of the City supporters who were there. He posed for selfies afterwards with those who asked, then slung on a backpack and left (on foot, no cabs or fancy limos).

I've been critical of the disconnect between what he said at the OSC dinner and what the Club's doing - but he didn't have to be there that day so I'll give him some credit for that.

I would love to have been there and heard what he said .... that wasn't a good game to be in front of supporters.

C
At the ST relocation window there were c4800 STs available in the range £299-£475. After the window was closed, there were more pitchside seats added and also they later sold off additional £299 tickets which were mainly random singles. I'd estimate maybe a total of 5500 seats in the range £299-£475.

Also, for 2014/2015 the average yield per ST seat was £485 including all the concessions (Disabled, U16, U21, Senior etc etc). The amount for 2015/2016 is likely to be very similar.
Cheers.
So very roughly
15% cheaper prices under £25 / game
20% more expensive £700 plus over £36/ game
65 % £475 - £700 (£25 -£36 / game )
Don't know what that proves but it's more information for people to use .

Edit
Using them figures for my personal hobby horse of s/c plus 30% for all league matchday tickets and as a maximum price for cups that would be
15% £20 - £32
65% £32 -£47
20% £47- £56

Last edited:
I would love to have been there and heard what he said .... that wasn't a good game to be in front of supporters.

We were sat with a bunch of the local fans and one Manc who was also there on holiday - unfortunately (?) at the other end of the bar, so didn't hear whatever he might have had to say. But I can assure you that as he walked up 3rd Avenue afterwards, he had a face like a smacked arse.

People have frequently stopped watching their football club live as they've got older and their priorities have changed. Some come back to it after a while, others don't. There's nothing new in what you've described, mate.
its amazing that some people cant just bow out gracefully as millions of match going fans have done in the past for some reason they want to stick the boot in on the way out,i dont get it

its amazing that some people cant just bow out gracefully as millions of match going fans have done in the past for some reason they want to stick the boot in on the way out,i dont get it

Yes, I had to give it up for about 5 years, setting up a business young family it was a struggle, back now, and enjoying it with my kids, so wouldn't be walking out again, I've missed my fair share. As luck would have it the Pearce period was one of the bits I missed. Maybe missing a few years gives me a bit more perspective.

Yes, I had to give it up for about 5 years, setting up a business young family it was a struggle, back now, and enjoying it with my kids, so wouldn't be walking out again, I've missed my fair share. As luck would have it the Pearce period was one of the bits I missed. Maybe missing a few years gives me a bit more perspective.
glad to have you back ,the club is not perfect no club is and there are issues like ticket pricing ,but on the whole it knocks the socks of thousands of football clubs world wide i still get a buzz going ,guess im easy pleased long may it continue

If people genuinely feel priced out of watching their club then they have every right to complain.

There will be thousands of City fans who work for minimum wage. Fans who don't live a life of luxury and spend a large chunk of their disposable income on City. Price rises will hit them the hardest and they will be the fans who give up the most to watch us.

Funnily enough it will be these fans who the club are begging to buy tickets for a 4th round of the COC against Crewe when we don't sell that out.

I'm not expecting City to give tickets away for free, just have a fair pricing strategy outlined at the start of the season.

Although the minute loyalty points could be bought was an indicator of where ticket prices were heading.

If people genuinely feel priced out of watching their club then they have every right to complain.

There will be thousands of City fans who work for minimum wage. Fans who don't live a life of luxury and spend a large chunk of their disposable income on City. Price rises will hit them the hardest and they will be the fans who give up the most to watch us.

Funnily enough it will be these fans who the club are begging to buy tickets for a 4th round of the COC against Crewe when we don't sell that out.

I'm not expecting City to give tickets away for free, just have a fair pricing strategy outlined at the start of the season.

Although the minute loyalty points could be bought was an indicator of where ticket prices were heading.
sorry should of more precise with my post iam not having a go about prices i get that completly my post was aimed at the "im just not enjoying it any more"

No I can see you do not get it. Some people are not sticking the boot in but have justifiable concerns about the ticket pricing and the likelihood they will be priced out in the near future. I share those concerns because ultimately I see a football club as different to a Tesco's, Ikea or another company which alters its business model to attract a different clientele. Football clubs are institutions which were designed/created to benefit the community, what is happening now is clubs are being monetised by the likes of Soriano and your response is fans should just bow out gracefully and not kick up a fuss. Based upon the likelihood those fans have been supporting this club a lot longer, with little voice, than Soriano has been taking a wage I think they have a right to voice their discontent.

I defended the club over ticket prices of late in a recent thread highlighting the number of £299 tickets but are in full agreement the match day price is scandalous. As highlighted by the club this is a momentous night in the clubs history, therefore it speaks volumes that the club have adopted a policy which would result in many missing out on this special occasion and the likelihood of thousand of empty seats for, at best, a minimal profit. As custodians of this club and as a business decision it is open to question by those with an emotional attachment which long preceded 2012.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.