The Invisible Man (Soriano) speaks...

Yeh, it was wetter than a damp squib in a puddle.......

A poor attempt to deflect our attentions away from our 'holistic' season?

By his own barometer Soriano has failed to deliver miserably on the field. We were promised the promotion of young players into the team and in his own words
“We want to get to a point where you go and watch a City game and you know the team is going to perform consistently and you know what kind of football you are going to watch'. Unless he was suggesting dull, turgid football was the target the lack of stringing two results together highlights the teams and his failings.

sorry should of more precise with my post iam not having a go about prices i get that completly my post was aimed at the "im just not enjoying it any more"

I can see why some people don't enjoy football anymore but I'd put that down to the way football fans are treated by society rather than City.

I don't think anyone is complaining about our side.

Yes, I had to give it up for about 5 years, setting up a business young family it was a struggle, back now, and enjoying it with my kids, so wouldn't be walking out again, I've missed my fair share. As luck would have it the Pearce period was one of the bits I missed. Maybe missing a few years gives me a bit more perspective.

This entirely. I missed several seasons when the children were young and I had different priorities for both my time and my disposable income. I didn't blame the club for my change in circumstances, it was just the way it was.
Utimately football is an industry and City are no different to any other club. We want superstars at the club who we know come with hefty price tags and wage demands that most of us could only dream of but certain factions whinge at tickets priced and mock commercial sponsorships.
I know that it's not what we all signed up to when we started our love affairs with City but it is the modern day reality. The club has evolved to survive and will need to continue to do so.

This entirely. I missed several seasons when the children were young and I had different priorities for both my time and my disposable income. I didn't blame the club for my change in circumstances, it was just the way it was.
Utimately football is an industry and City are no different to any other club. We want superstars at the club who we know come with hefty price tags and wage demands that most of us could only dream of but certain factions whinge at tickets priced and mock commercial sponsorships.
I know that it's not what we all signed up to when we started our love affairs with City but it is the modern day reality. The club has evolved to survive and will need to continue to do so.

This is very true

Is anyone blaming the club for a change in their circumstances now?

Soriano has been rightly praised for his commercial dealings for years on this forum and the success of the club financially. What he is being criticised for is ticket prices for the Paris game which will make very little different financially to the club but will have, in some instances, the difference to determine whether longstanding blues are able to attend this game.

As for Modern day reality. That is not the reality for fans of German clubs or as evidenced by clubs like Athletico Madrid who survive and prosper on a fraction of the turnover of our club. There are different models we can adopt. For instance if it was not for the continual wastage of resources within the transfer market over seen by himself and Txiki we could all probably enjoy affordable football. It is only a reality because of the decision makers at City.

Is anyone blaming the club for a change in their circumstances now?

I know it is a bizarre argument. I really do not have a clue what people are on about. Nothing has changed in my life besides ticket prices keep outstripping the rate of inflation and therefore my disposable income. The only thing changing is ticket prices determined by the club.

To my knowledge that is the case for most people or have I missed those who have recently had a child/moved house/ lost job asking for cheaper tickets while the kids grow up or mortgage is paid,

Soriano has been rightly praised for his commercial dealings for years on this forum and the success of the club financially. What he is being criticised for is ticket prices for the Paris game which will make very little different financially to the club but will have, in some instances, the difference to determine whether longstanding blues are able to attend this game.

As for Modern day reality. That is not the reality for fans of German clubs or as evidenced by clubs like Athletico Madrid who survive and prosper on a fraction of the turnover of our club. There are different models we can adopt. For instance if it was not for the continual wastage of resources within the transfer market over seen by himself and Txiki we could all probably enjoy affordable football. It is only a reality because of the decision makers at City.

Decent points in there, when Soriano leaves-which he will when the Pep cycle reaches it conclusion -we will embrace the next CEO and within a year all this "Soriano invented the fucking equivalent of the footballing wheel " will be tossed into the dustbin like anybody else's reign is at a football club.

Bernstein with the same financial backing behind him would make him look second rate, he ain't nothing special-nor is Txiki either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.