The Invisible Man (Soriano) speaks...

I am Sorry but your very very wrong about the amount of control Manuel has he is Puppet even pep might have limited control we have a transfer committee and the finance people set the budget The style of play is set by Tixi the owner marwood etc and the mangers are appointed to fit that style.

Also bet the players where picked with Pep in mind last summer
I'm not saying he signs the cheques, what I'm saying is he's never had the joint resources of finance and control that he now has and like a kid in a sweet shop he's gorged himself sick.

At City, Manuel is shopping at Harrods whereby at Villareal and Malaga he would have been shopping at the Spanish equivalent of Harpurhey Market. If he had a lower grade of player, no way would Manuel had been as gung-ho in his approach as he's been. He probably thought because of the huge advantages he had that he could play in any fashion he pleased and still splatter the opposition, but he's not considered that this is the Premier League and not the 2/3 team La Liga.

I'm not saying he signs the cheques, what I'm saying is he's never had the joint resources of finance and control that he now has and like a kid in a sweet shop he's gorged himself sick.

At City, Manuel is shopping at Harrods whereby at Villareal and Malaga he would have been shopping at the Spanish equivalent of Harpurhey Market. If he had a lower grade of player, no way would Manuel had been as gung-ho in his approach as he's been. He probably thought because of the huge advantages he had that he could play in any fashion he pleased and still splatter the opposition, but he's not considered that this is the Premier League and not the 2/3 team La Liga.
Same with Mark Hughes. Was a great manager when at Blackburn, Fulham and now at Stoke, where he had a tight budget and had to focus on getting the maximum out of what he had. But let loose in the sweet shop that was City, he couldn't deal with it properly.

Same with Mark Hughes. Was a great manager when at Blackburn, Fulham and now at Stoke, where he had a tight budget and had to focus on getting the maximum out of what he had. But let loose in the sweet shop that was City, he couldn't deal with it properly.

Which is why it's laughable when some people suggest that it's easy to have sustained success at the likes of Bayern and Barca.

Why are you talking about who signs the cheques ? I did not mention it or say that you did

Even under the old English system where managers had supposed full control they where limited by budgets

He might have more resources but he has very little control. Someone else sets he budget There is the transfer committee who pick the players the people who decide the style of play at all levels of the club heck I bet the summer signings came with pep in mind. Since Mancini the managers have had little control over medical stuff to

And it's so obvious too. All you have to do is look at Hughes at City and to a lesser extent QPR to see the effect huge resources can have on a manager's approach. For Manuel, see Hughes.

I've always said in life that people need to be educated how to handle a fortune as a fool and his money are soon parted. The board can control Manuel up until the point he selects the team and they cross the touchline. They obviously have the ultimate control and that is whether to stick with a manager or jettison him if they aren't happy, and we all know what's happened to Manuel's future with us.

I would dispute the word 'great' but certainly more effective. It's different skill sets. Like running a corner shop or running Tesco. Doing well with the former doesn't necessarily translate into you doing well with the latter.

Why are you talking about who signs the cheques ? I did not mention it or say that you did

Even under the old English system where managers had supposed full control they where limited by budgets

He might have more resources but he has very little control. Someone else sets he budget There is the transfer committee who pick the players the people who decide the style of play at all levels of the club heck I bet the summer signings came with pep in mind. Since Mancini the managers have had little control over medical stuff to
You're missing the whole point. Just imagine a teenager who's been given the keys to the local sweet shop and the keys to a brand new Ferrari to get him there. It doesn't matter who bought the car, the important thing is who's driving it. Put that same teenager in a clapped out 50 year old Morris Minor 850 and the world is suddenly a safer place.

This is what's happened to Manuel. He's been left with the keys to the Ferrari and he's gone mad in it. All you have to do is study his teams at Villareal and Malaga to know the City you see today is NOT a typical Pellegrini team and set up. What's changed? The level of player at his disposal and the fact for the first time in his career he's been able to trade blows with the elite managers and their elite teams as an equal and he was hell bent on making his mark in this respect.

Whether he has control over which model of Ferrari he had bought for him is not the issue at stake here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.