The Invisible Man (Soriano) speaks...

You're missing the whole point. Just imagine a teenager who's been given the keys to the local sweet shop and the keys to a brand new Ferrari to get him there. It doesn't matter who bought the car, the important thing is who's driving it. Put that same teenager in a clapped out 50 year old Morris Minor 850 and the world is suddenly a safer place.

This is what's happened to Manuel. He's been left with the keys to the Ferrari and he's gone mad in it. All you have to do is study his teams at Villareal and Malaga to know the City you see today is NOT a typical Pellegrini team and set up. What's changed? The level of player at his disposal and the fact for the first time in his career he's been able to trade blows with the elite managers and their elite teams as an equal and he was hell bent on making his mark in this respect.

Whether he has control over which model of Ferrari he had bought for him is not the issue at stake here.

I am afraid it is you who is missing the point I was only taking issue with your saying he has loads of control not the resources point and I was very clear on the issue

Your changing from what you said originally which is that he has loads of resources and control to just loads of resources which we can both agree on except your still trying to argue with me. Seems like a bit of bad argument and a bit nasty to be honest

Also what about Real Madrid where he had loads of resources and did an decent job ?

Thank you and good bye

This is very true
say that to German clubs.

Ticket sales account for a tiny amount of the clubs overall income.

As posted a million times before

BJMkbHdCQAAcXSu.png

BJMkbHdCQAAcXSu.png
Have you seen BAyerns prices though , somebody posted them earlier, Very few £104 tickets , two blocks I think. That are hard to get hold of. The rest of the ground wasn't much different to ours.

He may have seen expansion in the stadium. It may be amazing as he as said. But what about the portal bit. The team and it's performances. In other words bullshit

BJMkbHdCQAAcXSu.png

You know the theory that when you resort to quoting Hitler in an argument you know you've lost? Surely quoting Uli Hoeness on this argument is the equivalent of that :-)

I think he probably had that chance at Real Madrid too.
The reason I never mentioned Real was because he was never in control of anything and by the sound of it wasn't consulted much about team matters outside of him coaching the players he was given.

I recall Txiki talking about us playing 433 and as soon as Manuel landed, it was 442 all the way which suggests he had a level of autonomy well above what he had a Real.

I am afraid it is you who is missing the point I was only taking issue with your saying he has loads of control not the resources point and I was very clear on the issue

Your changing from what you said originally which is that he has loads of resources and control to just loads of resources which we can both agree on except your still trying to argue with me. Seems like a bit of bad argument and a bit nasty to be honest

Also what about Real Madrid where he had loads of resources and did an decent job ?

Thank you and good bye
I dunno if its your time of the month or you're just spoiling for a scrap, but again you seem to be making more out of my comments than was intended. Unless a manager also owns the club, he will always have restrictions placed on him from above as all managers do.

Manuel has a level of control here above what he did at Real where effectively he just kept the seat warm for Maureen for 12 months. He also had players sold against his wishes and had players given to him that he didn't want and was just told to get on with it. Yes he led Real to their highest ever league points total up to that point in their history, but he didn't win a pot. Nada, niet, nowt, squat with everything at his disposal in a 3 team league.

Txiki said that we were going to play 433 and as soon as Manuel rocked up it was 442 all the way which suggests he had a level of control over team affairs beyond what you're suggesting. He also brought Willy and MDM with him which also suggests his voice carries weight where transfers are concerned.

In terms of resources, he's had as much if not more than any manager he's competed with since he came to England and he's definitely has had the strongest squad. Like I said what Manuel has been given at City is akin to giving a teenager a brand new Ferrari and expecting him to behave himself behind the wheel. You stand 3 chances of that happening, slim, no and fat fucking.

I dunno if its your time of the month or you're just spoiling for a scrap, but again you seem to be making more out of my comments than was intended. Unless a manager also owns the club, he will always have restrictions placed on him from above as all managers do.

Manuel has a level of control here above what he did at Real where effectively he just kept the seat warm for Maureen for 12 months. He also had players sold against his wishes and had players given to him that he didn't want and was just told to get on with it. Yes he led Real to their highest ever league points total up to that point in their history, but he didn't win a pot. Nada, niet, nowt, squat with everything at his disposal in a 3 team league.

Txiki said that we were going to play 433 and as soon as Manuel rocked up it was 442 all the way which suggests he had a level of control over team affairs beyond what you're suggesting. He also brought Willy and MDM with him which also suggests his voice carries weight where transfers are concerned.

In terms of resources, he's had as much if not more than any manager he's competed with since he came to England and he's definitely has had the strongest squad. Like I said what Manuel has been given at City is akin to giving a teenager a brand new Ferrari and expecting him to behave himself behind the wheel. You stand 3 chances of that happening, slim, no and fat fucking.

I am not angry at all I am happy when people disagree with me what I am not happy about is people who debate by switching all over the place and end up contradicting themselves

Of course there will always be limitations on mangers

You ignored Real when it came to you claim he never had a budget of any note before and now use it to say he has more control than before

So he just kept the seat warm at Real for Maureen for 12 months How is that different to the situation here with Pep ?

We have spoken about his lack of control here and you now and you seem to be hedging your bets when debating how much control he has by ignoring agree and disagreeing with me and suggesting things. Your saying he has more control here than Real which probably true.

Clearly he has had a big budget here and at Real but not at the other clubs.

But I bet he had more control at those other clubs than here

Like I say we know he is limited in transfer playing style and we know changes happened on the medical front after Mancini

I am not angry at all I am happy when people disagree with me what I am not happy about is people who debate by switching all over the place and end up contradicting themselves

Of course there will always be limitations on mangers

You ignored Real when it came to you claim he never had a budget of any note before and now use it to say he has more control than before

So he just kept the seat warm at Real for Maureen for 12 months How is that different to the situation here with Pep ?

We have spoken about his lack of control here and you now and you seem to be hedging your bets when debating how much control he has by ignoring agree and disagreeing with me and suggesting things. Your saying he has more control here than Real which probably true.

Clearly he has had a big budget here and at Real but not at the other clubs.

But I bet he had more control at those other clubs than here

Like I say we know he is limited in transfer playing style and we know changes happened on the medical front after Mancini
I'm on an internet forum and I'm having multiple conversations with several posters at the same time and I don't wish to repeat every single point I've made on this subject over and over just because you haven't read and digested this and similar threads.

If you look through my recent previous posts on this subject, I've already mentioned Manuel's stint at Real and didn't see the need to repeat it to you a couple of posts later as I've incorrectly assumed you read threads just not the posts in reply to your posts. It became clearly apparent very early on in Manuel's stint at Real that Maureen was coming to Real the following season irrespective of what Manuel achieved (or didn't achieve as was the case), so he had less of an effect on Real as he would have if he'd stayed there for 3 years which is kind of obvious???

Hopefully my previous post brings you up to speed where I stand on what may have effected Manuel's mindset since he came here and just because I don't choose to constantly repeat every piece of minutiae in every post I make doesn't mean my POV is flip flopping all over the place just to gain the upper hand in a debate. If you read the threads through to get a handle on things instead of just making reactionary posts based on what's directly in front of you at the time, it will become clearly apparent to you our views only differ slightly.

So you're up to speed. Pellegrini was Real Manager between 2009-2010, he gained a points record of 96 points, but Barca beat them with 99. Mourinho went on to beat that total a couple of seasons later by getting 100 points, a feat which was matched by Barca the season after.

After his sacking Manuel issued this statement:

Pellegrini later reflected on his frustration at not being able to build a team at Real Madrid due to the club's controversial Galácticos policy: "I didn't have a voice or a vote at Madrid. They sign the best players, but not the best players needed in a certain position. It's no good having an orchestra with the 10 best guitarists if I don't have a pianist. Real Madrid have the best guitarists, but if I ask them to play the piano they won't be able to do it so well. He [Pérez] sold players that I considered important. We didn't win the Champions League because we didn't have a squad properly structured to be able to win it."

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.