The Invisible Man (Soriano) speaks...

Irrelevant to the discussion perhaps but I had it in mind that we 'failed' by just over the £10 million mark once UEFA moved the goalposts?
That was after the goalposts were moved, but before they were moved we were on target to just scrape in and that's were the £3-4 mill pb mentions, could have made the difference between sanctions and no sanctions., but as you say irrelevant to the discussion now. It's only when posters were saying FFP had nothing to do with prices, my point was up to 2 or 3 years ago it did play a part.
If I remember part of the deal to reduce sanctions was to break even the year after which after allowable losses were taken off we did, but only just so again matchday income was an important part.
Where we all agree is that since then and especially next season then there is no relevance between prices and FFP.

Edit just seen PB explain it much better.

Soriano has been rightly praised for his commercial dealings for years on this forum and the success of the club financially. What he is being criticised for is ticket prices for the Paris game which will make very little different financially to the club but will have, in some instances, the difference to determine whether longstanding blues are able to attend this game.

As for Modern day reality. That is not the reality for fans of German clubs or as evidenced by clubs like Athletico Madrid who survive and prosper on a fraction of the turnover of our club. There are different models we can adopt. For instance if it was not for the continual wastage of resources within the transfer market over seen by himself and Txiki we could all probably enjoy affordable football. It is only a reality because of the decision makers at City.
Agree.
Can someone with more intelligence that myself work out what reduction in season ticket cost per head would equate to using the man gala and bony money spent. Free?????

Agree.
Can someone with more intelligence that myself work out what reduction in season ticket cost per head would equate to using the man gala and bony money spent. Free?????

Well in 2014 Gate and Matchday income accounted for 47 million of our turnover. So I presume that would include all aspects such as drink, food, programmes, hospitality etc. It is a very crude comparison but it does highlight how little effect is has overall when it covers one large transfer fee and wages.

Well in 2014 Gate and Matchday income accounted for 47 million of our turnover. So I presume that would include all aspects such as drink, food, programmes, hospitality etc. It is a very crude comparison but it does highlight how little effect is has overall when it covers one large transfer fee and wages.
It doesn't work like that £47 million as an amortised amount over 5 years is equivalent to a spend of almost £250 million on transfers.

It was £43.3m so Mangala's fee alone could have paid for everyone to watch the games for nothing for a year.

CEO Ferran Soriano: "It would be natural for Messi to end his career at Barca. But if he called us, we'd open the door immediately." [RAC1]
Soriano: "The Italian central defender [Leo] Bonucci wants to play for Pep and he called us. Juventus told me they didn't want to sell."
Soriano: "At the moment there are a lot of players that want to play under Pep."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.