The killing of Tony Blair documentary ....

MaineDAWG2008

Just came across this video on youtube. Some work by Galloway (much of stuff I sometimes don't have time for), BUT this video gives some interesting insights into the dealings of IRAQ war and the fall of Gadaffi with the consequences of what we are seeing in ISIS.

What a b**tard Blair was as a PM and a modern day thief.

Anyhow's watch it till the end...

In many ways it's as sad as it is inevitable that he'll be remembered for Iraq and nothing else, when he actually achieved quite a lot. He made the Labour Party electable and thus got rid of the torries after 18 years, put NHS funding on a par with Europe average made the Bank of England independent and rejected joining the Eurozone and the Euro. There was the Irish peace deal, human rights legislation and legal frameworks for minority groups. Child poverty halved and pensioners living in poverty fell by 75%. There is evidence to suggest he oversaw one of (if not the most) redistributive governments in history. Maybe I'm getting a bit old but the country seemed more at ease with itself between 1997-2008 than I can remember it being before or since.

Galloway is a bit of a david icke figure to me, says some ok stuff then makes a **** of it by saying something mental or out of order.

In fairness, Cameron (along with Sarkozy) was responsible for Gaddafis downfall, an unbelievably bad idea that the west will pay for a very long time.
However, that is the only slack I would ever cut blair. He is a war criminal. Iraq was none of our concern, chasing beardy through the NWFP in order to cosy up to that other clown bush was hugely damaging, and a lot of soldiers paid for his wrecklessness with their lives. Then he gets a job as middle east peace envoy! Wtf??? At home he was PM while brown sold off most of the uk gold reserve for a pittance and irreperably plundered pensions.
Lets not start getting misty eyed about this grinning charleton, he deserves everything he gets.

In many ways it's as sad as it is inevitable that he'll be remembered for Iraq and nothing else, when he actually achieved quite a lot. He made the Labour Party electable and thus got rid of the torries after 18 years, put NHS funding on a par with Europe average made the Bank of England independent and rejected joining the Eurozone and the Euro. There was the Irish peace deal, human rights legislation and legal frameworks for minority groups. Child poverty halved and pensioners living in poverty fell by 75%. There is evidence to suggest he oversaw one of (if not the most) redistributive governments in history. Maybe I'm getting a bit old but the country seemed more at ease with itself between 1997-2008 than I can remember it being before or since.
Said before, he achieved far more left of centre policies, than he is given credit for, and more than Corbyn will ever do for working families. The working family and child credits, free nursery place helped my family enormously when struggling with my new, now successful, business. It would probably have gone under without his policies. The other thing everyone seems to have forgotten is the successful intervention in Sierra Leone.
As you say sad it was all overshadowed by Iraq.

Said before, he achieved far more left of centre policies, than he is given credit for, and more than Corbyn will ever do for working families. The working family and child credits, free nursery place helped my family enormously when struggling with my new, now successful, business. It would probably have gone under without his policies. The other thing everyone seems to have forgotten is the successful intervention in Sierra Leone.
As you say sad it was all overshadowed by Iraq.

And Pol Pot made a mean shepherds pie, all overshadowed by the deaths of 2 million people.

And Pol Pot made a mean shepherds pie, all overshadowed by the deaths of 2 million people.
Good rhetoric, but I can't really take anybody seriously comparing any elected leader to Pol Pot. Iraq was a series of decisions taken by a lot of people that took us down a wrong path. No one person was totally responsible and with or without Tony Blair there is a fair chance it would still have happened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.