The Kompany, Silva and Aguero Statues

Not the cake nonsense , saying the club denied him seeing his dying brother bollocks , the agent nonsense , sullying the reputation of the club and calling pep racist and the club turning a blind eye ,drink driving , he was a thick twat who was good at football , up to him whether he behaved properly or not . Compare to dave, sergio, vinny etc , not a minutes problem, it all matters
I’ll take Vinny on this “whatever the problem, yaya was the answer “.

I’d prefer us to do something different. The issues raised about past and future heroes, and what constitutes a hero anyway mean a statue is too limited for me.
How about a holographic walk through park. Maybe AR/VR driven to increase the exclusivity. You could have all the legends you want talking and performing their iconic play in a pre match walkway upto the stadium. Lots of scope for future development too as the technology continues to improve. And can’t be defaced.
There have been some remarkable live holographic concerts of dead artists already. The club would get giddy at all the digital interaction this would generate from fans at the stadium and around the world. This mixed reality is the future of big bucks football anyway so why not get a start.
Some Examples

Last edited:
I don’t think they should get statues. Great players, but we could easily have another set of legends over the next ten years. We can’t just build statues for them.

for me the player who most deserves a statue is trautman, for what he did and the context he did it

the closest player after that would be Sumerbee

It's about what Silva, Kompany and Aguero signify.

They are the players that made us believe. Sure, we could sign a Haaland and he could score 250+, Dias could captain us to trophies and we could have another magician playing between the lines. But they'll never be Kun, Kompany or Silva. They won't mark the era of dominance we've had or what the success has meant to so many Blues. It goes beyond merely their ability, they came to us when we weren't a top team and stayed with us when being at City wasn't as attractive as some of the established elite clubs.

Question.

What would Sergio want?

A statue, or the North stand named after him?

Both would be ideal, but given the choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.