The Kompany, Silva and Aguero Statues

I don’t think your argument is a daft one, though I do disagree, but only because of the where do you draw the line argument. I don’t want to be bumping into one every 5 minutes and it devalues the best ones.

Silva Kompany and Sergio should be the three if we are doing statues now. 93.20 plus Centurions plus Fourmidables.

The only thing is if KDB and the boys win a CL then it’s hard to argue against them too!
We either stick by the mantra that 'it's a knockout competition, anything can happen,' in order to diminish its importance and defend the fact that we are yet to win it, or we will look inferior in the myopic eyes and tiny minds of Rags and Dippers. If we suddenly recognise the feat of winning the CL by erecting statues to the victorious squad, then we'll be back-tracking on our arguments that the EPL is the superior competition. These three have helped to change the course of the club and secure PL titles, along with plenty of other silverware, since 2011. I don't see a CL win having quite the same impact, although it will be major.

David SilvaView attachment 13409

Vinny’s should be
1) the leap after scoring the header against United (which will be hard to replicate in statue form),
2) holding up that first Premier League trophy,
3) the double knee slide goal celebration.
I’d pick him holding the PL trophy aloft.

Sergio?
Well, there can only be one of three...
1) taking “that” shot
2) wheeling away and taking off his shirt or
3) swinging it above his head as the players chased him.
THAT'S IT!

I think Aguero's has to be the moment after he's scored that goal. Not sure how you would sculpt him swinging his shirt around though.

Kompany's, gotta have his shot vs Leicester, the follow through and his form should make for a great looking statue.

Silva have something from the 6-1. Either his celebration or his pass to Dzeko.
I agree. But with Bert's statue it should have been a recreation of the incident in which he broke his neck.

What I will say is that there are many players in City's past who can make a case for "deserving" a statue, notably from the great teams of the '30s and 60s but also no doubt from the '50s, but there are no conditions which must be met, and no doubt there would be disagreement. The present owners cannot be held responsible for the '30s, '50s and 60s but only for the years since 2008.

if Pep continues his title/trophy winning run there is no way a statue cannot be erected for him. i think the chumps lge will be the deal maker, if it happens.

sergio
david
vinny
pep

4 giants of the game, and OUR legends. we are so lucky.
Why is Zabba not mentioned?
Who can forget when his son was born
Another manc is born
He played much a part of those 4 and every bit a ledgend

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.