The Kompany, Silva and Aguero Statues

No statues for players as far as I'm concerned. Name a bar or section of concourse after them.

Far too many players are being elevated to 'legend' status nowadays - We'll end up with a bloody statue every twenty yards around the stadium.

If we are going to commemorate anyone at City in future, it should be the great Tony Book - A truly great City captain, a great City manager, and a great ambassador for the club. A man with a near 60 year association with City. A man I consider to be a genuine legend, who deserves to see a stand named after him in his lifetime.

I've not read the posts so apologies if I'm repeating others.

I hope they aren't the shit ones that nobody can tell who they are.

Also hope that we don't do anymore after these 3. If de bruyne or sterling for example stay with us until they retire and win loads more trophies, still shouldn't be considered for one.
Aguero, silva and kompany deserve it because they were here from us winning nothing.

I don’t think they should get statues. Great players, but we could easily have another set of legends ...
for me the player who most deserves a statue is trautman, for what he did and the context he did it.
the closest player after that would be Sumerbee
There was discussion of a statue for Bert after he passed away but nothing seems to have come of it. Wonder if those who decide these things have eyes for the stars of the shiny present and future but not for a hero of a grimy and grittier part of Manchester history.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.