The Kompany, Silva and Aguero Statues

Now... Don't get me wrong, I think these guys have been the best players of our greatest era, but I also think the likes of Bell (I know he has a stand), Lee & Summerbee, or Trautmann, Doherty and Eric Brook to name but a few would equally be as deserving of a statue.

I think the club could do more to celebrate our rich history around the Etihad rather than just the pictures they currently have and really celebrate it, putting paid to all the idiots who dismiss it. There is more to be reflected of Manchester City FC than the modern era.

I expect pelters for this opinion but it's exactly that, just mine. I'm not for one moment saying these guys don't deserve a statue, they 100% do and I look forward to it going up, they are quite possibly the greatest to wear our shirt.

Be interested for @Gary James opinion this.
Trautman does have a statue, in the foyer of the Colin Bell stand.

If those two are deserving of such accolades (which they are imo), then why shouldn’t Kompany, Aguero and Silva?

Our most successful captain, highest ever goal scorer and greatest ever player.

Yeah, but any player from the 70s and earlier will probably turn out to have said something we'd now consider slightly misogynistic, homophobic, or racist, so their statue would get pulled down anyway.
Feel so sorry for all those slightly racist, misogynistic homophobes.

Wonder if pep will get anything when he leaves?
Mercer had something named after him at the stadium.

I think Aguero's has to be the moment after he's scored that goal. Not sure how you would sculpt him swinging his shirt around though.

Kompany's, gotta have his shot vs Leicester, the follow through and his form should make for a great looking statue.

Silva have something from the 6-1. Either his celebration or his pass to Dzeko.

These football banter fans are so tiresome. It’s entirely up to City who they want to build a statue of, they shouldn’t have to justify it to anyone, but it does make me laugh Liverpool fans crying about it when they have a statue of Bill Shankly, who had a trophy haul half the size of Sergio’s (yet a great nevertheless). The same applies for United’s “Holy Trinity” and Thierry Henry.

I could write an essay on the many detailed and complicated reasons why Yaya doesn't deserve a statue and the other three do, but if you look on Twitter it's because Yaya's black and a Muslim, which cleverly ignores the fact that many of our owners and directors are Muslim and Kompany, who's getting a statue, is black. The average IQ of football fans is plummeting and it's depressing as fuck.

I could write an essay on the many detailed and complicated reasons why Yaya doesn't deserve a statue and the other three do, but if you look on Twitter it's because Yaya's black and a Muslim, which cleverly ignores the fact that many of our owners and directors are Muslim and Kompany, who's getting a statue, is black. The average IQ of football fans is plummeting and it's depressing as fuck.
Are they having theological debates about Iconoclasm?

There was discussion of a statue for Bert after he passed away but nothing seems to have come of it. Wonder if those who decide these things have eyes for the stars of the shiny present and future but not for a hero of a grimy and grittier part of Manchester history.
After a quick glance through this thread I'm guessing a lot of people haven't seen these statues that are already in the stadium.

Sculpture_of_Bert_Trautmann.jpg

Ra0ce9fe62707811cb070e261054bc569.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.