The Labour Government

I just think it's interesting that this is the new home secretary?

I am also certain that this was entirely the kind if story your good self and several others would continually bring up about the last Conservative government. So you should probably think of it as a me bringing a little bit of balance to the debate at times, after all we are not all happy clappers. ;-)
Didn’t have to go back 12 years to a non-story to find scandal about the previous Tory government.

would this be an awkward time to bring up the housing arrangements of Esther McVey and her husband Phillip Davies MP ?
No go for it. Absolutely no objections from me whatsoever. Dodgy MPs should always be outed regardless of their allegiances. They all work for us.

FWIW I have high hopes for Starmers Government. But they arnt going to be infallible.

All those lockdowns, and don't leave home, and there was a drop off in births?
Perfectly understandable, some households would have been experiencing home schooling for the first time, for others it might have been zoom calls to sibling, and for many it would have been neighbours kids about all day, every day that put fertile women off

Oldham is fairly unique then as it is happening across all developed countries. Maybe there are other variables. For example, increase in ethnic minority population.

As for the two child cap, it is folly to reject it. We need more younger people! A disproportionately high ageing population is damaging for the economy for a number of reasons (eg lower productivity and the increased tax burden).

An ageing population in Japan, alongside increased cost of property did substantial damage to Japan's economy a few decades ago. According to the same economists, these issues will likely lead to China meeting the same fate.
Chinese pension age to rise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.