The Labour Party

If I lived in Islington North, I would vote for Corbyn.

However, I don't think he would have made a good PM. Although he is a man of principle (you might not like his principles, but he has them) I think he lacked some of the necessary leadership qualities and his very nature inhibited the necessary political flexibility. In other words, the PM has to be a bit of a scoundrel and be willing to make deals in the interests of realpolitik.

On the other hand, although I don't really care for Starmer, I think he will be quite an effective PM. He is quite ruthless and sees political reality all too clearly. I certainly prefer him to Sunak, although that isn't saying much.

I have to say that the state of politics in this country makes me despair. I can't think of anyone who really inspires me. But maybe that's a function of the dire state of the country. For I fear the country is in a far worse state than I appreciated, and it is going to take a lot of hard work and patience to put it right.

Whether the British people have that patience, I don't know. To be honest, I rather doubt it. In another few years, they may go after another hare-brained scheme like Brexit in an attempt to shorten the process.

I find it quite amusing.
People seem divided between those who think Labour are Communists in disguise and those who think they are Tories in disguise.
At least one of these positions must be wrong.
BTW, Labour have positioned themselves where they are because that is what voters seem to want. If everyone went hard left tomorrow, that's where Labour would be too. In short, we get what we are prepared to vote for. When I say 'we', I mean the largest minority, not any individual.

I find it quite amusing.
People seem divided between those who think Labour are Communists in disguise and those who think they are Tories in disguise.
At least one of these positions must be wrong.
BTW, Labour have positioned themselves where they are because that is what voters seem to want. If everyone went hard left tomorrow, that's where Labour would be too. In short, we get what we are prepared to vote for. When I say 'we', I mean the largest minority, not any individual.

They're both wrong and its a lot more complicated than that including what the voters want.

WTF caught the end party political broadcast featuring rag ratboy walking around and decrying some dilapidated hovels with Starmer.

Remind us again of Neville’s property portfolio worth?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.