The Lake District ... stunning !!

oakiecokie

Just arrived back from a four day stay in Windermere/Bowness and I can honestly say what a treat it was to go back,after so many decades ago since we were last there.
We took in some wonderful places of interest from Keswick,Buttermere,Kendal,Ulswater,Coniston and Ambleside and we somehow avoided the downpours that we were expecting.
The scenery was superb and apart from the weather why would you go elsewhere other than the UK.
Have to admit that we are both sun lovers and will be away in January for two weeks,but still so much more to see here in likul ol` England in the summer.

Just arrived back from a four day stay in Windermere/Bowness and I can honestly say what a treat it was to go back,after so many decades ago since we were last there.
We took in some wonderful places of interest from Keswick,Buttermere,Kendal,Ulswater,Coniston and Ambleside and we somehow avoided the downpours that we were expecting.
The scenery was superb and apart from the weather why would you go elsewhere other than the UK.
Have to admit that we are both sun lovers and will be away in January for two weeks,but still so much more to see here in likul ol` England in the summer.

Because the world stretches beyond the UK and there are many other things to see?

I'm very keen on fellwalking, and have been to the top of all the main summits in the lakes. (and many lesser known ones) many times over the years. Ideally pick a nice clear day, many a time I've sweated to the top of Scafell pike, only for the mist to descend, reducing vision to a couple of metres...(Or yards in old money).

However there is plenty to do for the less active, a drive over Wrynose and Hardknott pass is an experience....Muncaster castle is excellent.

Used to love the Lakes and have done every climb there is to do many, many times over. But now it is far to busy and it is ‘follow everyone else’ to the top. Shame as it is beautiful place. I even found lots of walks that were very lonely at one time but everyone else found them as well.

Pillar round was one of my favourites with a scramble behind Pillar. Napes needle was also a good one but now you queue up. Cust’s gulley is a great scramble as well.

Used to love Scotland as well but it was getting to far for me and the wife can no longer do much rough walking since her knee replacement.

Used to love the Lakes and have done every climb there is to do many, many times over. But now it is far to busy and it is ‘follow everyone else’ to the top. Shame as it is beautiful place. I even found lots of walks that were very lonely at one time but everyone else found them as well.

Pillar round was one of my favourites with a scramble behind Pillar. Napes needle was also a good one but now you queue up. Cust’s gulley is a great scramble as well.

Used to love Scotland as well but it was getting to far for me and the wife can no longer do much rough walking since her knee replacement.
Definitely find the further north you go the better and less crowded it is.

Have you done High Street? I really want to do it and I will!
I'm very keen on fellwalking, and have been to the top of all the main summits in the lakes. (and many lesser known ones) many times over the years. Ideally pick a nice clear day, many a time I've sweated to the top of Scafell pike, only for the mist to descend, reducing vision to a couple of metres...(Or yards in old money).

However there is plenty to do for the less active, a drive over Wrynose and Hardknott pass is an experience....Muncaster castle is excellent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.