The Lake District ... stunning !!

B
Just arrived back from a four day stay in Windermere/Bowness and I can honestly say what a treat it was to go back,after so many decades ago since we were last there.
We took in some wonderful places of interest from Keswick,Buttermere,Kendal,Ulswater,Coniston and Ambleside and we somehow avoided the downpours that we were expecting.
The scenery was superb and apart from the weather why would you go elsewhere other than the UK.
Have to admit that we are both sun lovers and will be away in January for two weeks,but still so much more to see here in likul ol` England in the summer.
Stunning to look at, boring as fuck to stay there, fuck all to do unless you like walking around in the rain with the Mrs in matching kagouls looking like a pair of soppy fuckers.

Any suggestions for activities for the older generation who can’t get too far in their feet, considering going for a weekend with my dad ?
There’s a half day coach tour/river cruise I fancy but not really found much else suitable for him.

Any suggestions for activities for the older generation who can’t get too far in their feet, considering going for a weekend with my dad ?
There’s a half day coach tour/river cruise I fancy but not really found much else suitable for him.

Open top bus goes from the train station in Windermere, costs a couple of quid or free for the Ol’ fella
If he has a mobility scooter he can drive up Orrest head for some great views, entrance is 100yds from the station, if he hasn’t got one you can hire them quite cheap these days, some of the older generation won’t go near them, but they give you wings (imho) and won’t restrict the rest of you, he can then experience the Lake District properly (mountains aside!)

Have a drive to Tarn Hows - not far from Coniston. Decent paths which are wheelchair friendly and a car park overlooking the lake if you can find a spot. Might also be a cafe there - not 100%. It’s a lovely spot

The boat, kyak, paddle board hire place at the Lowood, between Bownes and Ambleside was a real winner with the kids recently.
Yep - stunning place, but as a consequence can get a little too crowded. Especially the roads.

The boat, kyak, paddle board hire place at the Lowood, between Bownes and Ambleside was a real winner with the kids recently.
Yep - stunning place, but as a consequence can get a little too crowded. Especially the roads.
Ah, Ambleside. 3 months until our annual trip for the lights switch on for Christmas. Tradition the last 9 years.

Keswick is my favourite place to go, but Ambleside runs it close.

Stunning part of our the country.

Just arrived back from a four day stay in Windermere/Bowness and I can honestly say what a treat it was to go back,after so many decades ago since we were last there.
We took in some wonderful places of interest from Keswick,Buttermere,Kendal,Ulswater,Coniston and Ambleside and we somehow avoided the downpours that we were expecting.
The scenery was superb and apart from the weather why would you go elsewhere other than the UK.
Have to admit that we are both sun lovers and will be away in January for two weeks,but still so much more to see here in likul ol` England in the summer.
Always loved the lakes mate... beautiful place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.