The Lake District ... stunning !!

And my house, love it up there but I’d spend 30 years, it’s a hard life :-)
c07f1eba37d9b84dd8949842a9ad5206.jpg
Bloody hell inchy thats some view and how much home brew did you have to make for those winter months.
With only having four days there we couldn`t fit everything in,but we will be going back to explore more hidden gems.

Bloody hell inchy thats some view and how much home brew did you have to make for those winter months.
With only having four days there we couldn`t fit everything in,but we will be going back to explore more hidden gems.
Pub close by mate, if you wanted to see the real Lake District go to the western lakes,give me a shout, I’d recommend a night or two in the wasdale head inn, not five star but the home of mountain climbing, foods good and the foot of scar fell pick,great grable etc, another view from the garden, I don’t like tourists :-) I’ll post it on Tapatalk can’t post on this site

Pub close by mate, if you wanted to see the real Lake District go to the western lakes,give me a shout, I’d recommend a night or two in the wasdale head inn, not five star but the home of mountain climbing, foods good and the foot of scar fell pick,great grable etc, another view from the garden, I don’t like tourists :-) I’ll post it on Tapatalk can’t post on this site

Went in there after climbing Scafell few years back and have said i'll go and stay there at some point, may try later this year.

Climbed Helvelyn few weeks ago, absolutely loved it, food at the Beckside bar was worth the trip alone, going up to Ben Nevis in a couple of weeks bur definitely going to do the lakes in Autumn, best time of the year for me.

We called in at Barrow and I think Chris Rea must have used the M25 in error as Barrow certainly is The Road To Hell.
What an absolute shit hole of a place and it has no redeeming features ... apart from any road that leads out of it.
I lived there for a few years as a sprog. Plenty good stuff round Barrow, Walney Island, erm, watching the nuclear subs, Barrow Grammar and South Newbarns Primary schools very good. Top, top football team at the time Barrow were in the old 3rd Division playing against the likes of the mighty Tranmere Rovers, Gillingham and Stockport County. Oh, those afternoons in the Holker Street end! The athleticism of Fred Else in goals and the preditory talent of Jimmy Mulholland up front. Ulverston and Coniston just up the road. Youth hostelling in Eskdale with the Scouts. Happy days.

Went in there after climbing Scafell few years back and have said i'll go and stay there at some point, may try later this year.

Climbed Helvelyn few weeks ago, absolutely loved it, food at the Beckside bar was worth the trip alone, going up to Ben Nevis in a couple of weeks bur definitely going to do the lakes in Autumn, best time of the year for me.
They have a separate dining room for residents, foods better than in the bar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.