The Left Back position

xzbit04

Not even going to talk about Kolarov but If we are to do well in the CL we need a Left back who offers more going forward than Clichy, while solid defensively he is absolutely woeful at times going forward with his attacking play, shooting as well as his crossing. I know we are prepared to overlook these because

a. we believe a fullback's job is primarily to defend and Clichy does this well
b. hes the consummate professional and model pro.

However if we aspire to reach the next level as a side, we need a more rounded leftback

Thoughst guys?

Could probably get Guhilmere Sequeira for a decent fee.

I think Clichy is definitely good enough, if we're playing a possession game even more so, but I agree his crossing is somewhat lacking.

de niro said:

Clichy is a very good player,however,he can be improved upon.

Baines would do such.

Like centre half,of more concern is our depth,Zaba,for me,being our best alternative speaks volumes.<br /><br />-- 05 Aug 2013 07:21 --<br /><br />
Chancy Termites said:
No shouts for Coentrao?

Yep,very loud ones if he is attainable.

Can someone explain to me why everyone has given up on Kolarov? It looks to me like he's staying.

Dobsy said:
Can someone explain to me why everyone has given up on Kolarov? It looks to me like he's staying.

Wishful thinking probably. I have nothing against the guy but he's just a poor defender. He'll still do as a back up though I think.

The word "woeful" is utterly incorrect. He rarely crosses balls in and rarely shoots. When he gets in forward positions he keeps the ball moving and keeps play ticking over. Crossing is very overrated. I don't know, I'm guessing here, but what would the conversion rate for crosses be?9%?13%? Defenders head crosses out, crosses find nobody even if the crosser can cross, headers are often saved or most likely put in the stand; when a player passes to his own teammate we keep the ball. Clichy is involved in a lot of very good forward play down the left wing and he keeps the ball blue.

Dobsy said:
Not everyone has.

I confidently predict he will have a better season this time and will be better regarded on here at season's end.

Shouldn't be hard, I know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.