The Left Back position

We need to play three centre backs because if we have Danilo & Zinchenko as wing backs it will leave us vulnerablewith Stones,Laporte & Otto they can then cover the spaces behind our full backs , it will result in a more defensive formation but we need nick a win at Southampton , its time to grind out a scrappy one goal victory.

He's a very "tidy" player, but very, very injury prone.

Just look back on his playing history, the guy has missed a hell of a lot of games in his short career.
Wasn’t he injured when we bought him? Had such high hopes for him as well, sad.

Mendy has with hindsight been a disaster signing.

54 million? God knows how much in wages. Seems a bit of a tit and always injured.

54 million? God knows how much in wages. Seems a bit of a tit and always injured.

Like Gundogan was he’s been unlucky with injuries but, like him once he gets over this one it’s highly likely that he will just be like any other player, with respect to injuries. Seems to me to be very popular in the squad and back room staff and has been important for moral He’s calmed down his social media exploits and looks like his choice of friends is now much better

Like Gundogan was he’s been unlucky with injuries but, like him once he gets over this one it’s highly likely that he will just be like any other player, with respect to injuries. Seems to me to be very popular in the squad and back room staff and has been important for moral He’s calmed down his social media exploits and looks like his choice of friends is now much better

I will be amazed if he plays another 50 games for us.

We should have gone for Robertson when he was at Hull.
When we played them in the cup he was excellent,making those forward runs and some great crosses.
Unfortunately we seem to ignore players from England,when in essence some are far better than those we pay four times more for.
Pep like many top managers/coaches seems to want to spend millions,which has served us well,but look closer to home and we may well grab ourselves a bargain somewhere.
Agree with this most people seen it at the time when he played against us for Hull, we should have taken a punt. I would go for Calum Tierney at Celtic he is one of the best left backs in the UK. Similar to Robertson bombs down the wing, can put in good crosses and can defend. A few years ago we could have got him on the cheap. Celtic would expect at least £25 million now.

Why unlucky? The guy clearly has some weakness in terms of muscle and ligament issues.

Mendy is also a very big guy, and very fast, his knees must take a lot of punishment.

Personally I think he will be gone in the summer if we can find a buyer, we can't have passengers in our squad, however good when they are fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.