The Leicester City Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Leicester, a truly phenomenal achievement. If it couldn't be us, and it quite clearly couldn't be, then I'd much rather them than Spurs.

Sums my thoughts up perfectly.

Absolutely just shows what having a manager who knows what he's doing in charge of your football club. Explosive counter attacking team with blistering place across the team. Hats off to them they deserve it, and probably at the expense of ourselves from the top four.

Even when they turned us over I thought that it was more about us approaching the game in the wrong way than them being something exceptional. To have achieved what they have done with what they have and delivered results consistently over the course of the season is simply amazing. Congratulations Leicester City!

Pitty they didn't get an Aguerooooooo moment like we did. Watching some other team fail to win on tv is a bit like winning the league on some computer management game. What did they do at full time? Run out into the steet and punch the air. Interesting to see where they finish next season once the conspiracy has run its course. those 'we are staying up' banners won't seem so ironic then.

Interesting bio on Ranieri when he'd gone to Juventus in 2008...

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2008/mar/30/football.newsstory6

With this great quote on his career to date...

"He says: 'I like this concoction which life seems to have in store for me. They seek me out, special tasks in special situations. Wherever I go, the club is never to stay on the same square on the board, they have to move up. I don't know if it's coincidence, some calling or destiny - but whatever it is, it's the story of my life. And now I'm here at Juventus, with a specific task again, in a particular situation.'"

I bet he never thought he'd end up with a night like tonight. Or maybe he did. He seems full of belief and positivity.

Unbelievable story,worthy Champions they came to the Etihad and worked extremely hard as a team to a man.I remember Forest winning the league however think this is a modern day miracle with far more emphasis on money in the game.

Well done, Leicester. Fully deserved over the season.

Obviously, I would have preferred that we'd won it, but as we didn't, I'm much happier that you have, rather than Spurs or Arsenal. And it's great to see the first new title winners since Forest in 1978.

Unfortunately, I think you'll struggle next season, but if you keep your players and bring in a few good quality additions, you might do very well again.

Congratulations Leicester!!!......Feels good doesn't it...I remember!! trust me you won't come down off that cloud.or that silly smile won't leave your face all summer....just wait and see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.