The "let's talk" thread

Just a heads up of encouragement for people suffering from getting off substances.
December 27th 2018 I took my last opiate replacement for tramadol having struggled to get off the stuff for years.
I just determined to go through the sleeplessness, cramps, restless leg syndrome, etc.
Cleared the diary so I could concentrate on staying clean.
I did it.
It was a pretty uncomfortable three/four weeks but...
Now fourteen months clean and will never let a doc prescribe me tramadol again.

Last edited:
He is the only one i know do i keep him as a pet,he kept it quiet for about 3 yrs whilst i banged on about city,only confessed a while ago
A few questions:

Has he ever been to Manchester or Stretford?
Does he like your pussy?
Has he got big tools and does he know how to use them?

So many tales of woe but also good to see that folk can scribe pen to paper or key to board to offload a little. Life certainly has the ability to deal out shitty hands and I guess it's down to us to deal with the cards dealt. Voltair once said “Each player must accept the cards life deals but once they are in hand he or she must alone decide how to play the cards in order to win”. We have to play with whatever we have and yes we can all quit, but if we were to simply quit then there would have been no point in picking up the cards in the first place. All we can is crack on to the best of our ability, but do you know what we all hold an ace in that pack and that ace is the ability to reach out to others more able than ourselves to put the deal into some order of semblance when we may be temporally at a loss or an ebb to to do so ourselves. And this is why this thread is remarkable because not one soul out there will not suffer trials/tribulations of some descriptor on the way to the promised land so good to open up talk and share and discuss. Well done everyone.

The reason I am about to make this post is not because i'm upset about the topic, but because I was (and still am) shocked at how prevalent this problem is. I'd be almost confident in saying there will be someone else on Bluemoon who is going through this right now.

Myself and the mrs have struggled to conceive for a few years. We've tried tests, various IVF cycles....a lot of pain for my mrs, the procedure is typically more physically difficult for the woman. All with no end result so far.

I'm at peace with it. If the end goal is to have a child, i'm not arsed if we have to use embryo donors or adopt. This post is just to say if anyone on here is going through this and wants a chat, then i'm all ears. I've wanted to say this for a while and this seemed like the opportunity and place.

It's really common. Sitting in the clinic is like a people farm - endless streams of couples, in and out. Science is staggering, you can even choose what you want your child to look like. Anyway, door's open!

Went through the exact same issue 10 years ago - due to postcode lottery we wasted a fortune on IVF - the IVF treatments caused hormone imbalances which seriously affected my wifes health. In the end we decided to adopt via Barnardos. Best thing we ever did. Our 2 daughters have now been with us for 8 years.

As suggested here is a thread for you to talk, who ever you are.
Its about you.
Say,ask,rant unload about anything worrying you. Pm me, any mod,any member, all are welcome, even scouse.
There are people on here with profound knowledge, people with unbelievable life skills who have been there and done it, and come through it,i know i have.also people who are listeners.
Either way you are not alone.
No politics
No football
Just talk about you.

absolutely amazing idea, well done

I'm hoping a corner has been turned now, I start work again on Monday at a long term job, minimum of 18 months.

That's after being off due to mental and physical problems since August. I'm looking forward to it, and dreading it in equal measures.

The good thing is, it's back with the company I did 9 months for up until last January, and I know and get on well with nearly everybody on the job.

The only thing that really worries me, is the walking, it's a big site and as it's the start of the job, there will be a lot of to-ing and fro-ing.

Having said that, I REALLY need to lose weight (only lost around 10lbs so far), so it should be beneficial for me that way, as long as my back and knees hold up!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.