The "let's talk" thread

I'm hoping a corner has been turned now, I start work again on Monday at a long term job, minimum of 18 months.

That's after being off due to mental and physical problems since August. I'm looking forward to it, and dreading it in equal measures.

The good thing is, it's back with the company I did 9 months for up until last January, and I know and get on well with nearly everybody on the job.

The only thing that really worries me, is the walking, it's a big site and as it's the start of the job, there will be a lot of to-ing and fro-ing.

Having said that, I REALLY need to lose weight (only lost around 10lbs so far), so it should be beneficial for me that way, as long as my back and knees hold up!

Ten pounds of adipose is a massive step in the right direction Bilbo and small baby steps. Cracking lad and good luck in your new venture. Up the blue boys.

Just a heads up of encouragement for people suffering from getting off substances.
December 27th 2018 I took my last opiate replacement for tramadol having struggled to get off the stuff for years.
I just determined to go through the sleeplessness, cramps, restless leg syndrome, etc.
Cleared the diary so I could concentrate on staying clean.
I did it.
It was a pretty uncomfortable three/four weeks but...
Now fourteen months clean and will never let a doc prescribe me tramadol again.

fantastic mate, keep it going

I'm hoping a corner has been turned now, I start work again on Monday at a long term job, minimum of 18 months.

That's after being off due to mental and physical problems since August. I'm looking forward to it, and dreading it in equal measures.

The good thing is, it's back with the company I did 9 months for up until last January, and I know and get on well with nearly everybody on the job.

The only thing that really worries me, is the walking, it's a big site and as it's the start of the job, there will be a lot of to-ing and fro-ing.

Having said that, I REALLY need to lose weight (only lost around 10lbs so far), so it should be beneficial for me that way, as long as my back and knees hold up!
Good news that mate - good luck & keep going.

Good to see outcomes in this thread where people are turning the corner - just as important to the original posts to see how people are coming through the other side.

I'm really struggling today. Mondays are fuckin awful.

Ironically a spanking new wellness centre has opened nearby with gym and pool, I suppose I could afford to use it if I stopped going to City and canceled Sky Sports.

In Scotland where my cousin lives you can use the swimming pool free if you're on benefits. A lot of people down here could benefit from this kind of thing.

Being a suspected aspergers and long term depressive I'm not required to work and have lots of time to do what I want but it's not at all satisfying when you are effectively useless to society.

Ironically a spanking new wellness centre has opened nearby with gym and pool, I suppose I could afford to use it if I stopped going to City and canceled Sky Sports.

In Scotland where my cousin lives you can use the swimming pool free if you're on benefits. A lot of people down here could benefit from this kind of thing.

Being a suspected aspergers and long term depressive I'm not required to work and have lots of time to do what I want but it's not at all satisfying when you are effectively useless to society.

I'm not having those last three words mate, not one bit.

Think about volunteering somewhere,animal sanctuary,charity shops etc,you are definately not useless

dont forget my shop is directly accross the road from the new pool. if you want a chat we'll pop over to their cafe for brew.

i hear the disabled facilities are second to none. i will be joining. cant wait.

dont forget my shop is directly accross the road from the new pool. if you want a chat we'll pop over to their cafe for brew.

i hear the disabled facilities are second to none. i will be joining. cant wait.

Good man, as always, Bill.

Thanks muckers

I've tried for years to get suitable voluntary work you'd think it'd be easy but it actually isn't.
I offered to work from home for free for several hours per day so sodding sick was I of not being 'useful'
I used to do a lot of walking late at night maybe I should go back to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.