The "let's talk" thread

Hello again.....

Bit of an unusual post to make, but over this last couple of weeks I sort of have the feeling that i've run out of steam and energy that I had earlier in this period....

I picked up a couple of little projects to keep myself busy from March onwards but I don't currently have the desire to engage with any of them. I feel like something is wrong all the time but I can't say for certain what the root is. I dare say that i'm feeling a bit like it's Groundhog Day.....

I dread bed time. I am lucky enough to be able to work from home and still earn money for now, a privilege not available to all. I have a meeting booked with a career coach tomorrow to get started on the path to a career change. I just wish I could shake the feeling of impending doom.
Had a bit of the same feeling over August then into Sept. Early lockdown was a breeze - had two huge projects that hung on me and smashed the first. The second was a huge struggle tbh due to continual let downs from suppliers (who knows what they might have been going through themselves) - but just got it over the line end July. Jobs done in the end - but they were intense.

Soon as they were done, brain was frazzled and seemed to take a break - short term memory was a joke for about a week. Took a week off after that, came back in and wished I'd taken two. No interest in work (in fact, sick of the sight of it sometimes - normally I love my job).

Difficult to focus on any single task, sudden moments of exhaustion - regularly took a lie down for about an hour each time I felt it.
Seemingly mild compared to some, but it was a big worry - shared it (Though not all of it) with my boss - who was very good.

Didn't need to do much, just let him know how I was feeling and my concerns that it was affecting me /my performance. Got a feeling it might have been a mini-burnout,possibly made a bit worse due to the lack of social contact, etc.
He shared a bit that it wasn't just me - and had a check-in once a week to see how I was feeling. Just listening, nothing more, but think think these both helped.

Also shared with a couple of close friends - and listened to them. That really did help. Been helping a few other people out privately, and am now bouncing along and got a lot more spring and inspiration as I see them doing well too. Tried a few new 'out of the comfort zone' things and opportunities seem to be popping up and everything looks a lot brighter.

So, like everyone else, happy to listen - if you need, just PM.

Last edited:
@Nebuchadnezzar Are you missing friends? I haven’t seen many in the best part of a year. All plans cancelled due to COVID-19. Nothing better than having a pint with the chaps and chapesses.

@Nebuchadnezzar Are you missing friends? I haven’t seen many in the best part of a year. All plans cancelled due to COVID-19. Nothing better than having a pint with the chaps and chapesses.

I think so, yes - haven't seen my English mates since March and have only seen one friend over here since then too. We had a nice drinking group but the person i'd say I was closest to went back to Italy just before COVID. The other people in the group were a couple and have had a child during lockdown so they're out of the game for a while now. To be honest everything would be fine if it wasn't for current world circumstances.

Dropped my step son off at uni on Monday , only 20 miles away but it felt like the other end of the world.The mrs works from home and im looking at 3rd redundancy, change of job in 3 years which at 58 is not easy . The lazy side of me seems to have took over and i can start an argument at the drop of a hat. Financially ok and have budgetted for this for a long time knowing something is wrong .
The debate for the future leadership of USA confirmed that politically much of the developed world is in the hands of idiots, might get a dog one day. The footy isnt quite the distraction it was until kick off and then its the centre of the universe.

We have multiple threads now where discussions about mental health take place. Always good to see people being able to vent and wanted to bump the original thread - important at a time of year that isn't happy for everyone and especially so this year. Anyone can post and anyone can PM if they want to have a private chat - I usually have my PMs turned off but will reactivate them as of today.

I'm really struggling at the moment. Been my mum's carer getting on for 2 years now and she's now on end of life medication. It's tough watching her in bed panting for breath. She's at home where she wants to be so i just hope she isn't suffering as she's too weak to talk. I'll be relieved when she's not suffering anymore because its tough for me and the family to cope with seeing her suffer like this. So sad. : (

Last edited:
I'm really struggling at the moment. Been my mum's cares getting on for 2 years now and she's now on end of life medication. It's tough watching her in bed panting for breath. She's at home where she wants to be so i just hope she isn't suffering as she's too weak to talk. I'll be relieved when she's not suffering anymore because its tough for me and the family to cope with seeing her suffer like this. So sad. : (
Have you got any brothers or sisters who can come and help you out?
You're doing the right thing mate and making her comfortable, stay strong mate and take time out for you to recharge and have a bit of you time.

Have you got any brothers or sisters who can come and help you out?
You're doing the right thing mate and making her comfortable, stay strong mate and take time out for you to recharge and have a bit of you time.
My brother and eldest daughter are here mate. We're taking it in turns to be at her bedside throughout the night. Thanks for replying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.