The Madhatter pub. New York

Smoothy B.

I am off to New York for a few days sabbatical in a fortnight and will be taking my 16 yrs old nephew along with me...
Of course we plan on visiting the Mad hatter to be amongst fellow blues whilst over there.
Are there any New York blues on here that could advise me re the laws on 16 year old nephews visiting licensed premises, as I understand the Yanks are a bit keen when it comes to licensing laws. Cheers lads.

Wouldn't bother tbh, it's full of clueless 'new' blues. And after the Frank debacle...well!

Ha ha.. Nooo I didn't say I was taking him to get drunk.... I was though, rather hoping he might treat his uncle to a bluemoon ale or two...

quiet_riot said:
Wouldn't bother tbh, it's full of clueless 'new' blues. And after the Frank debacle...well!
I found it to be a mix of ex-pat Mancs and about twenty or so Yanks. Some of the Yanks I spoke to were not ignorant of football and/or City. One of them knew more about European football than I did! No doubt there's a few numpties in there but it's only like watching City in any English pub; there'll always be some nobhead who knows nowt about nowt let alone God's own football team.

JOGAMIGMOG said:
quiet_riot said:
I found it to be a mix of ex-pat Mancs and about twenty or so Yanks. Some of the Yanks I spoke to were not ignorant of football and/or City. One of them knew more about European football than I did! No doubt there's a few numpties in there but it's only like watching City in any English pub; there'll always be some nobhead who knows nowt about nowt let alone God's own football team.
It's not hard to know more about European football than you Mikey boy!!! ; )

unsworthblue said:
JOGAMIGMOG said:
quiet_riot said:
It's not hard to know more about European football than you Mikey boy!!! ; )

Hey, I'm the Michel Platini of Prestwich!

It's recently been 'done up' by the new ownership and really has that chain feel to it now. It's seems the
Heart of the city aspect It portrayed is defiantly a second thought now. A few folks in there that I met were top blokes though a couple them have relocated LA where I live now.

Smoothy B. said:
I am off to New York for a few days sabbatical in a fortnight and will be taking my 16 yrs old nephew along with me...
Of course we plan on visiting the Mad hatter to be amongst fellow blues whilst over there.
Are there any New York blues on here that could advise me re the laws on 16 year old nephews visiting licensed premises, as I understand the Yanks are a bit keen when it comes to licensing laws. Cheers lads.

Bring him. He just can't drink legally

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.