The Manchester City Premium

svennis pennis

With the talk of Diarra as good as gone to Madrid for a fee considerably less than we have seen quoted in our press are we starting to see evidence of the Manchester City premium. Garry Cook has said they will walk out on deals. I think this is a case in point. If it means we show we wont be pushed over in deals then fine. However we should not be comprimising our status as a premier league club. We need players, and without them we will be going through the trap door.

ultimateharold said:
Our league position will probably only add to the premium too.

definitely. If it is to be believed we are looking at Santa Cruz, Warnock and Bentley then they are all from teams in and around us.

Blackburn MkII here we come.

Wrong. If we're getting Bentley and Santa Cruz then we're going to see the best of RSC and this could see a more concrete position for SWP in the middle, rather than the right wing.

svennis pennis said:
With the talk of Diarra as good as gone to Madrid for a fee considerably less than we have seen quoted in our press are we starting to see evidence of the Manchester City premium. Garry Cook has said they will walk out on deals. I think this is a case in point. If it means we show we wont be pushed over in deals then fine. However we should not be comprimising our status as a premier league club. We need players, and without them we will be going through the trap door.

How are we seeing a Manchester City premium if he goes for LESS than we were prepared to offer? Looks to me like we didnt even make an offer or that the guy prefers Madrid

Yeah, I didn't mean as in who we get, but the fact we may be perceived as being more desperate to sign players to move up the table.

If we're not desperate to get players to move up the table, I'd be worried. I'd rather hope we saw this sort of ambition of moving up from 17th personally.

svennis pennis said:
ultimateharold said:
Our league position will probably only add to the premium too.

definitely. If it is to be believed we are looking at Santa Cruz, Warnock and Bentley then they are all from teams in and around us.

who says were gettin bentboy

FRAN THE ARAB said:
svennis pennis said:

its been a rumor for a little while now.

C_T_I_D, i never said if we get the pair of them it would be a bad thing. In fact it makes me more open to seeing Santa Cruz at City because he will get the correct service, especially with Petrov out.

Can we put a price on relegation? If its a toss up over paying a few million more for players like Diarra as apposed to losing millions more through relegation then i know i would put aside my morals. I know Cook wants to publicly state we will walk away from deals if they add the premium but what he has to realize and maybe its his naivety is that there is also a January premium.

Going with what we have got is not an option. If we are to believe that Hughes is being backed then he will not succeed with the current playing squad. That is not a risk worth taking.

svennis pennis said:
FRAN THE ARAB said:

its been a rumor for a little while now.
are you shure where would shauny go.
C_T_I_D, i never said if we get the pair of them it would be a bad thing. In fact it makes me more open to seeing Santa Cruz at City because he will get the correct service, especially with Petrov out.

Can we put a price on relegation? If its a toss up over paying a few million more for players like Diarra as apposed to losing millions more through relegation then i know i would put aside my morals. I know Cook wants to publicly state we will walk away from deals if they add the premium but what he has to realize and maybe its his naivety is that there is also a January premium.

Going with what we have got is not an option. If we are to believe that Hughes is being backed then he will not succeed with the current playing squad. That is not a risk worth taking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.