The Mark Hughes instruction that led to iconic Sergio Aguero and Man City moment

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Sheikh Rattle n Roll, 16 Mar 2020.

1. chaddblue

chaddblue

One of the senior QPR defenders, can’t remember his name, was on the radio talking about this about 6 months ago

He said the defenders and paddy Kenny hadn’t been made aware they were safe as they were furthest from the bench. And when the ball hit the net they thought they were down

2. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

That rings true.

Dribble likes this.
  3. asgoodasitgets

asgoodasitgets

Didn’t Nedum do an interview recently where he realised he’d given the throw in straight back to City and when we scored he felt like he thought he had personally relegated QPR ?

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Ballet-on-ice

Ballet-on-ice

I'll never forget that 4 seconds of undiluted hatred for SWP when he took that ball into our half.

5. Ban-jani

Ban-jani

I remember cursing Nasri for letting the ball run out when it was obvious it came off one of our players.

I then spent the next 20 secs asking every man and his dog around me if they knew the Utd score.

I remember someone shouting they’ve won 1-0 just as De Jong carried it forward and feeling absolutely gutted, to the point of beginning to cry.

When I saw the North Stand go up celebrating, I just went into delirium.

I was that emotional because of being so upset to happy within seconds that I just sobbed.

I’ve never cried like that in my adult life.

6. Citizen in Pakistan

Citizen in Pakistan

Just his perspective on the greatest moment in pl history, not to much to look into it, he does appear to be right though, a team looking to close the game or spoil the party wouldn't just punt ball into opposition half from the kick off.

Have anyone ever seen this tactic before or after where team needing to score is just gifted the possession from kick of?

7. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
    Nedum ran half the length of the pitch to take the throw in he almost threw it to joeleon, he was also out of position for the goal Once a blue

8. goatinho

goatinho

and that will never happen again if we stick with var

edit: it wont happen like that again anyway but you know what im getting at !

9. cityontheup

cityontheup

One thing is for sure....nothing will ever in the history of football beat that for excitement and ecstasy....so f**k the dippers with their CV19 title celebrations should they be handed it on a plate!

Gordyola likes this.
  10. FrankSwift1

FrankSwift1

They didn't need to score. A draw would have kept them up no matter what Bolton did. Stoke effectively relegated Bolton and our game from QPR perspective was meaningless. Although of course they didnt know that at the time.