The Mark Hughes instruction that led to iconic Sergio Aguero and Man City moment

44 seconds into the video you see the QPR staff jump up knowing they've survived
23 seconds later the Agueroooooooooooooooo moment

Is the correct answer.... nothing major against QPR but I was even more gutted they'd be bouncing around at the final whistle & we'd be in agony, as it happened it was all good at the end.

I thought the scream from the second goal scorer as he ran behind the net in front of SS1 would be an eternal dagger in my heart.

The notion the all the QPR players knew they had stayed up is nonsense. The desperate lunge at Sergio as he goes onto the box for a start but more the defender punching the ground in anger/frustration and another one smashes the ball into the net as Sergio runs off to celebrate.

Also they started hitting the ball out for a throw in Citys half much earlier in the game to waste time.
This,for players who knew they were safe they went to a lot of effort to try to take sergio down,it is bollocks by hughes,his players were gutted when sergio got through,hughes is trying to say they let us score the 3rd,anything to build up his part

For all the unadulterated shit on Sky/BT about the golden years (rags,dips,quentins etc) there will never be a moment in the PL like that day or game. We were the club to laugh at, always failing at the last hurdle, holders of cups, latterly called 'cock ups'.

But then came 2012, and all was forgiven. First saw MCFC in 1967, and nothing has come close apart from The King's return Newcastle.

Sorry but it's my day to drink and reminisce.....and now self-isolate.

I can still feel the tension when we need to score twice. Will we, can we do it?
Then the release into ecstasy still brings a tear to my eye. Just magical.
There will never be another day like it............. not in my lifetime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.