The Mark Hughes instruction that led to iconic Sergio Aguero and Man City moment

Surely this can’t be true about the noise? Everyone knows half the seats were empty for the whole match, and half the rest had left before Sergios goal

Watch Jamie Mackie celebrating in the 30 seconds preceding 93:20.

First he fist pumps towards the QPR bench (2:15 into the video) , then (a couple of seconds later, at 2:22) towards the Rangers fans. Clear as can be. Mackie, the bench and their fans knew they were safe. It is just as clear that several of the QPR defenders did not know they were safe, going by the anguished reactions when Sergio scored.

Jamie Mackie. That name, along with Ben Watson, still brings me out in a cold sweat.

The notion the all the QPR players knew they had stayed up is nonsense. The desperate lunge at Sergio as he goes onto the box for a start but more the defender punching the ground in anger/frustration and another one smashes the ball into the net as Sergio runs off to celebrate.
Paddy Kenny also thumped the ground after Sergio scored.

I’d completely forgotten that SWP was even involved in this game even if for the other side. Nedum went outside after the dame to be with the fans. Suited up and looked dazed. Good lads

Looks like he could have had a word with the guy who took the aimless throw in to launch it aimlessly down the line just after they celebrated.

Par for the course for football recollections, he isn't taking credit rather than blaming himself a bit. Winning at 90 mins an losing would piss of any goalie or team no matter or not if they got relegated, some of them probably united fans too.

I didn't enjoy it. Too stressful. Winning the cup in 2011 was better for me but not in the bigger picture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.