The Massive Hole In Midfield Tonight

Freestyler

Tonight i expected to see this:

---------De Jong----Barry

Johnson-------Nasri-------Milner

But instead we saw this:

-------------De Jong------Barry

Johnson/Nasri------------------Milner/Nasri

Nasri has little chance to really do what he does, because Silva is in the team. Silva will get more touches and certainly be the man who will create. so Tonight i'm thinking put Nasri in the Silva role where he's best, he'll have the ball for a majority of the night and he will show us what he can do. No Silva on the pitch Nasri can show us his Arsenal form and his creativity and attacking force.

Instead we find him on the right wing/left wing, Mancini calling him over numerous times as always. Don't know what he tell's him or want's him to do. There was no movement, no one creating space, absolutely nothing.

Anyway Liverpool wanted us to pass sideways and down the wings, so they could retain possession, not having to worry about what's behind them cause there was no city player there, just a massive hole. We passed sideways attack after attack and that's what they wanted.

About the 76th minute - De Jong finds Barry in midfield, instead of passing to Richards, he plays a forward ball to Nasri. He turns and drives and carries it and surprisingly finds hismelf in a ridiculous amout of space, plays a great ball to Aguero and we create a chance and nearly score - that was the first time for most of the game we ran at them from a central position. For the next 5-10 minutes we continued that passage and suddenly played some good football.

I'm not claiming to be a Jose Mourinho, but it was blatant where the problem was and i noticed it after 15 minutes. I'm very disappointed that Nasri was not given a Silva role. Once again i still ask myself and find myself wondering just what did we buy him for? he's a quality footballer and i like him, i just don't think he's gonna be the sort of player who fit's to our style. Unless he get's a Silva role, which tonight it had his name written all over it.

That hole was usually filled by Yaya & Silva, but because of their absence the team looked for another route to the opposition goal.

Tevez City said:
That hole was usually filled by Yaya & Silva, but because of their absence the team looked for another route to the opposition goal.

Correct mate, but the topic of the thread is fill that role with a player who can play it. We didn't.

Freestyler said:
Tevez City said:

Correct mate, but the topic of the thread is fill that role with a player who can play it. We didn't.

Barry, Milner & Nasri should filled it, but I don't know why they didn't !
I know football is a common sense game, but with Mancini it became a rocket science !

Tevez City said:
Freestyler said:
Tevez City said:

I know football is a common sense game, but with Mancini it became a rocket science !

haha yeh!

nasri was the perfect candidate, kind of feel sorry for him. We don't know what he's supposed to do, and i don't think he does either.

Freestyler said:
Tevez City said:
Freestyler said:

haha yeh!

nasri was the perfect candidate, kind of feel sorry for him. We don't know what he's supposed to do, and i don't think he does either.

We got a lot more fluid in midfield when Nasri came on and it was this which we lacked in goal scoring (as well as our strikers finishing cleanly of course). Nasri and especially Silva have been making chances happen - we need Silva back and we were dry with out either of them in the 1st half tonight.

De Jong can't play in a two man midfield.

He doesn't offer enough in his game for our system.

Essentially, he does what Gareth Barry does but Barry offers more.

Tevez City said:
Freestyler said:
Tevez City said:

Maybe this "rocket science" approach is why he's won 3 Serie A's, won the FA Cup last year and is currently sitting 3 points clear at the top of the league?

Just a thought.

Damocles said:
Tevez City said:
Freestyler said:

Maybe this "rocket science" approach is why he's won 3 Serie A's, won the FA Cup last year and is currently sitting 3 points clear at the top of the league?

Just a thought.

How dare you bring level headed reasoning into BM after a meltdown.

can a mod ban this wan....oh wait :p

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.