The media, us and the rags - the truth

Prestwich_Blue

As some of you know, I write for King of the Kippax and in my last article I wrote about the power of the rag’s PR machine and how ruthless they were about putting out their version of the “truth” in order to bolster their image as “the world’s greatest club”. So Baconface’s comments after the derby that they dominated the second half and RVP had a stormer, whereas our goal was clearly offside and his comments after the Arsenal game that their fans never boo a returning player were designed to cement an image with the public that we know isn’t true. I also pointed out that Ian Herbert, nominally the northern football correspondent for The Independent, had written one after another story about them (10 out of his last 12 I think it was at the time I wrote the article).

I was contacted by a freelance journalist I know who told me it was pretty well spot on and asked me who’d given me the information. I told him it was my own opinion based on what I’d seen. He then said there was more to it and contrasted City’s handling of the press with the rags’. Contrary to popular belief, freelancers make up the majority of the reporters as opposed to the salaried journo’s like the Custis’s, Ladyman, Herbert, Taylor etc. So if they ban Ladyman for example, The Mail will send someone else or use a stringer. However it’s serious for the freelancers if they get banned as it’s their livelihood and they don’t get paid if they can’t report so they have to toe the rag party line. Personally I think it’s despicable that they could stop people earning a living (unless it was for something really serious of course) but it shows just how ruthless they are.

He then talked about how City and the media interact. He said he felt we didn’t control our press conferences well and let the media take the piss out of Mancini by taking advantage of his relative lack of English and asking questions they know we’ve told them not to ask. But the most shocking thing was that he said that, after our press conferences, the red-top journalists then sit down together and actually agree between them how they’re going to spin it. So anyone who doesn’t think there is a media agenda needs to think again.

Prestwich_Blue said:
As some of you know, I write for King of the Kippax and in my last article I wrote about the power of the rag’s PR machine and how ruthless they were about putting out their version of the “truth” in order to bolster their image as “the world’s greatest club”. So Baconface’s comments after the derby that they dominated the second half and RVP had a stormer, whereas our goal was clearly offside and his comments after the Arsenal game that their fans never boo a returning player were designed to cement an image with the public that we know isn’t true. I also pointed out that Ian Herbert, nominally the northern football correspondent for The Independent, had written one after another story about them (10 out of his last 12 I think it was at the time I wrote the article).

I was contacted by a freelance journalist I know who told me it was pretty well spot on and asked me who’d given me the information. I told him it was my own opinion based on what I’d seen. He then said there was more to it and contrasted City’s handling of the press with the rags’. Contrary to popular belief, freelancers make up the majority of the reporters as opposed to the salaried journo’s like the Custis’s, Ladyman, Herbert, Taylor etc. So if they ban Ladyman for example, The Mail will send someone else or use a stringer. However it’s serious for the freelancers if they get banned as it’s their livelihood and they don’t get paid if they can’t report so they have to toe the rag party line. Personally I think it’s despicable that they could stop people earning a living (unless it was for something really serious of course) but it shows just how ruthless they are.

He then talked about how City and the media interact. He said he felt we didn’t control our press conferences well and let the media take the piss out of Mancini by taking advantage of his relative lack of English and asking questions they know we’ve told them not to ask. But the most shocking thing was that he said that, after our press conferences, the red-top journalists then sit down together and actually agree between them how they’re going to spin it. So anyone who doesn’t think there is a media agenda needs to think again.
Have you been on the Damascus Road a long time PB?

Ive never understood why city dont give these journos a kick up the arse, surely its in out best interests to not let them print shit about the team

Prestwich_Blue said:

I'm sure Pigeonho will put you right. ;o)

Does not surprise me at all, its a complete joke that Pisscan is allowed to dominate the whiole agenda at every press conference and to ban reporters who ask uncomfortable questions and challenge his one sided view of events during matches or regarding the rag scum generally.
The rags have no class whatsoever, their bunker mentality is based on the knowledge that the whole world know them for what they are despite the sycophantic press licking pisscans arse at every opportunity.
Whatever they win, whatever they have won, they will never be a club like ours or have fans like we do.
They are a scumbag club with scumbag fans.. Fuck em all

good post as ever PB - straightforward and not up your own arse like a lot of the regular posters on here; and you are right, the pro-scum (and therefore anti-City) agenda in 90% + of the media is absolutely clear

Prestwich_Blue said:
...But the most shocking thing was that he said that, after our press conferences, the Cabal then sit down together and actually agree between them how they’re going to spin it. So anyone who doesn’t think there is a media agenda needs to think again.
correction in the BM public interest

great post and bang on,some of the stories these papers come out with are borderline insane,i mean in the last month we`ve had mourinho,ancelotti,capello,simeone,de boer and the latest one Rodgers as our new manager and not to mention the countless times the throw away comments of whether mancinis job is safe!!

all this after numerous reports of unrest,a lost dressing room for the past 3 seasons and the old favourite of no team spirit/a bunch of mercenaries that we`ve endured every other week,it really is shameful the amount of bollocks they get away with...

I used to love reading the papers but find myself buying them less and less over time!!

I buy king of the kippax and have been since 1989,for some seasons it was the best thing coming out of city with the constant chopping and changing and tours of the divisions,may I be cheeky and ask what name you write under??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.