The media, us and the rags - the truth

LoveCity said:
Speaking of Sky, MNF has just done a poll on manager of the season so far.

Wenger
Rodgers
Pardew
Martinez

Apparently, if you manage a rich club you aren't eligible, even if a). it's your first season in a brand new football culture/country, b). your team is undoubtedly the most entertaining in the league, c). your team has scored 9 more goals than anyone else, and of course d). your team currently sits in 2nd place.

The only thing that surprises me is the omission of Moyes.

motd was the last straw for me - i asked myself - how have I arrived at the point where my enjoyment of a city win could somehow be tainted because a twat like hansen didn't say nice things?

Enough is enough, the problem isn't them, I placed too much importance on their opinions - fuck them.

City Raider said:
motd was the last straw for me - i asked myself - how have I arrived at the point where my enjoyment of a city win could somehow be tainted because a twat like hansen didn't say nice things?

Enough is enough, the problem isn't them, I placed too much importance on their opinions - fuck them.

Amen.....those blokes are crap, laugh at them.....

With the introduction of the ffp by euafa and the fa which has limited how funds can come into each club, it seems odd that they don't try to make media exposure moor reflective of each clubs current form. It is after all a form of free advertising. Even if they can't force them they could at least give an opinion that it would help the ffp work.

We all know that the media would love us not to win the league, Liverpool Arsenal, Chelsea, United or Spurs before us, but we have to not only win the league, but do it two or three times in as many years, and then maybe they [the media] just may give us some credit, other teams have spent £200 million+ on players but not as fast, and thats what they can't get there head around, lets win the league not only this year but next as well.

adrianr said:
LoveCity said:
Speaking of Sky, MNF has just done a poll on manager of the season so far.

Wenger
Rodgers
Pardew
Martinez

Apparently, if you manage a rich club you aren't eligible, even if a). it's your first season in a brand new football culture/country, b). your team is undoubtedly the most entertaining in the league, c). your team has scored 9 more goals than anyone else, and of course d). your team currently sits in 2nd place.

The only thing that surprises me is the omission of Moyes.

rag st holder still proclaiming him to be the best manager in the league at a do last night

you could not fucking make it up

fpmsl @ rags & moyes

long may they continue to believe

meanwhile over at goodison lol

stonerblue said:
Didn't see this story, published last sunday, making much of a splash in the redtops

Premier League plays by government rules – with poverty wages for the rest
The state of the nation's favourite sport reflects the state the nation is in, and that means glaring, soaring, virulent inequality
Share 101

inShare
Email
David Conn
David Conn
The Observer, Sunday 15 December 2013
Jump to comments (0)

The historic neighbourhood football clubs, enjoying a commercial boom that has delivered a 2013-16 TV deal of £5.5bn, pay top footballers £10m a year and chief executives £2m a year. But hundreds of their staff have to make do on the minimum wage: £6.31 an hour for over-21s;
[/b]
This is a damning portrait of football, the overblown great and simple game, of course, but it is also a more general indictment of a society in which endemic, grindingly low levels of pay, too little to live on with dignity, are actually set by the government, while vast individual wealth is idolised.

I know cost of living in UK is higher, but get used to it......it's not going to change any time soon.
Men and Women I work with earn less than this PER DAY even though the minimum wage has just gone up by 40%, which is making the Country uncompetitive according to many economists! They have no benefits whatsoever and no state pension when they get old. Yet they still somehow come to work every day with a smile on their faces.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.