Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Liverpool fan just put his head around the door to my office to say that he didn't think Messi would suit Liverpool's game. I asked him if he didn't see similarities with the way Messi and Salah play, Messi obviously being miles better.

He couldn't say no.

I then offered the added complication of Liverpool trying to get him into Anfield without him seeing any part of Merseyside. He fucked off.
STEREOTYPE ALERT!!!!

Did you check that your stapler and Newton's Cradle were still there after he'd gone?

Its been reported that Pep has never been overly keen on Jesus, we just haven't had an opportunity like this to move. Jesus I am sure would love to emulate his hero Ronaldo in playing for Barcelona and would immediately become their no9. The deal works, there are plenty of young and upcoming strikers out there, there is one Lionel Messi.
Oh dear

I think Jesus is not enough. Jesus, Bernardo, Foden, even Sterling, in a package all together, ..., but even this is not enough. Do people know really how much is Messi's salary in Barca? They ll be able to get 4-5 top players as they offload Messi. I think UEFA would chase us with FFP the first day after signing him. I don't see any other club apart from PSG doing this, with a massive help of a large team of corporate solicitors.
City will fund his salary with sponsors there's so many who will want to be associated with him just think of Puma who will be wetting themselves getting Messi in a City shirt with their logo

But according to FIFA's COVID regulation issues quoted earlier on should this date not be superseded by these new articles.

Perhaps it depends on whether Barca & La Liga recognise them issued by FIFA - no idea why they shouldn't.
I suspect contract law holds primacy. However we don’t know how the contract is worded. Legal beagles will be all over it.

My mate's just sent me a text saying Txiki & Jorge Messi were behind him in the queue outside Armstrong's Chippy in Prestwich. They were discussing whether a jumbo cod and large portion of chips was enough for 4 of them. Txiki apparently said Soriano was a greedy bastard so better get two lots to be on the safe side. And Pep wanted a large carton of English curry.

It's on!
Seriously in accounting pov , do you think this deal is feasible?

It seems that a lot hinges on the legal status of Messi’s buyout clause.

If it can be established in law that the “free transfer in May“ clause should have flipped over to August, then he’s a free agent, whatever Barça might want.

If not, the default €700m buyout clause applies ... but Barça might well be willing to negotiate a lower figure

Or the third way is to amicably settle on a figure without going to law.

That‘s my understanding If it helps anyone at all.
Or the fourth option would be to take it to CAS...Senior Tebas would love that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.