Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
from my gcse spanish, i can just about make out that article as saying:

source close to messi says he told them that he and his wife made decision to leave barca, he's sad but determined. he's speaking/has spoken to pep to prepare the arrival, the football is good and it suits him. apparently Messi believes he'll be given permission for a free transfer by FIFA, with any potential fee to be determined later on after going through the courts?
It’s the gist of it.

I give you a 9 (or an A* for the old ****s).

but he has no compensation to pay so what you are quoting is null and void. You also have to have cast iron proof City ‘courted’ Messi and persuaded him to hand in his request... You can’t and there lies your issue. Messi is exercising a right that’s in his co tract, regardless of what Barça believe, FIFA outlined that ALL contracts are extended until the new end date of the season. Barça wouldn’t have a leg to stand on. What we now see if an Ex Barça contingent trying to purchase a current Barça player who wants to join them, they are all trying to do right by their old club by not taking the puss and willing to pay a compensation fee. The reality is they’ll not see anywhere near what they want as the clause is now in the open, he has 10 months left and he’s 33!
You should understand i am answering another member who said City can't be liable if Messi is in the wrong. I just provided texts proving City would be liable.

I have not said Messi is in the wrong though because only him (and his legal team) and Barça know exactly what is written.

Article 17 does not enable a player or club to unilaterally terminate the contract without “Just Cause” but rather, it declares each and every unjustified unilateral termination to be a contractual breach giving rise to a liability to pay compensation.

Where a player is ordered to pay compensation, his new club is deemed under the transfer rules to be jointly and severally liable for any compensation payable, regardless of whether or not that new club is at fault.

While this joint and several liability position tends to favor players, as highlighted by the Matuzalem award discussed below, a major issue arises where the new club is in financial distress, and liability for compensation falls solely on the player.

Article 17 also imposes sporting sanctions for breaches during the “Protected Period”. The “Protected Period” is defined as three entire seasons or years (whichever comes first) from the date the playing contract was entered into by a player under 28, or two seasons/years for players 28 and over.

A breaching player shall receive either a 4 or 6 month playing suspension and clubs in breach (or which induce breach) shall be banned from registering new players for two registration periods. Any club that signs a breaching player will be presumed to have induced the player’s breach unless the club can satisfy the judging authority to the contrary.

Source :
Very impressive research my French friend. Two questions: does this mean he can go on a free? And is this a cut and paste job or is your English better than most English people?...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.