Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. But he’s also in love with Messi the player. The chance to coach him again is something he never thought he’d get.

I also think he's so frustrated with the media talking about him failing in the champions league, he wants to win it and stick his middle finger up at them.

Neymar and Mbappe deals were bigger both in terms of value and significance
Nah , not having that one bit.

This deal will eclipse all other transfers by a country mile In terms of business.
The cash generated around the greatest player in the history of this wonderful game is worthy of our huge investment , should it be realised.

Given that the most likely route for a transfer is if Bartomeu drops the release clause, how does Messi best achieve this?

Strike? I think so. What else can he do? He has asked to be released. It has been ignored. Does the barca board think that Messi will still carry on as normal? There doesn't seem any option open to him. He either continues to protest or he accepts he has to stay until the end of the season.

I wouldn't say there's one, this one seems more or less on par with Ronaldo signing for us, just a little more surprising because Messi never left Barça prior to this. Ronaldo had played for 11 years for Real too and it seemed like he would end his career there. But there have been lots of huge transfers in history. I don't remember them all but there isn't one that stands out as bigger to me, mostly because "big" could mean it cost a lot, or it was a genius buy, or the player was already a huge name in football (which on its own doesn't mean it's a good transfer).
I understand your point of view ,but i would say this is bigger than Ronaldo , Messi has never played for anyone at club level other than Barca and it seemed like he was a one club man ,and if we are honest he would be if politics and Barca financial position wasn't so bad . So for a football institute to hand in a transfer request is a major step and also coming to the premier league where he is not going to get an easy ride is also a major step. at 33 you could expect him to look at a slower league and preserve his reputation but the prem wont take any prisoners! so keeping the monetary aspect from the deal this is in my opinion the biggest transfer so far in football.

Pep won't be in Spain because he would need to Quarantine for 2 weeks when he came back.

Pep, like all the coaching and playing staff at every first division football club is exempt from quarantine because they're getting tested 2x weekly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.