Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he leaves on a free we will need to pay more wages. He isn't doing this as an act of charity, it is his last big payday.
Maybe not more wages but a signing on fee plus some other arrangement, plus wages. Something like that.

My guess is that they have no credible position and they know it, but they are just throwing out distraction stuff until they get the opportunity to talk directly with Messi's dad.

I am expecting them to make some crazy large offer when they meet face to face as a 'last throw of the dice' - that could be their only chance - an offer so big that it (they think) cannot be refused. Then it can be portrayed as a Kaka style change of mind due to the fans.

Of course I might just be letting my imagination run away with me - but it feels the only move that makes sense
You dont get it do you?
They want him out
The rest is pantomime.

Why does no one mention this Webster ruling ?
Why has no one used it yet
Surely though if barca keep burying there heads in the sand messi might do it

My guess is that they have no credible position and they know it, but they are just throwing out distraction stuff until they get the opportunity to talk directly with Messi's dad.

I am expecting them to make some crazy large offer when they meet face to face as a 'last throw of the dice' - that could be their only chance - an offer so big that it (they think) cannot be refused. Then it can be portrayed as a Kaka style change of mind due to the fans.

Of course I might just be letting my imagination run away with me - but it feels the only move that makes sense
I thought Barcelona were too deep in the financial brown sticky stuff to make crazy large offers. Even if they did, it would affect the rest of their budget. Messi cannot beat teams on his own as Bayern demonstrated.

I can’t believe there are people who still don’t want this to happen. It really is mind boggling. He’s the best player... in the world... currently and arguably EVER. Any penny we spend on him will be more than covered by new sponsorship, shirt sales, merchandise etc. We will be recognised abroad in the same way as the dippers and rags. Ferran Torres, Phil Foden and a few other lucky youngsters will get to watch and learn from the GOAT day in, day out. And finally, he will single handedly win us so many games and I would be amazed if we didn’t win the champions league with him.

apart from that, yes I can see why you wouldn’t want him.

Last edited:
At what point does the Barca board actually start to listen to negotiate his exit ?

When tensions are sufficiently heightened I would wager - ultimately Barto counts on Leo bending over backwards to ensure Barca get reasonably compensated so he will milk it to the maximum

I can’t believe there are people who still don’t want this to happen. It really is mind boggling. He’s the best player... in the world... currently and arguably EVER. Any penny we spend on him will be more than covered by new sponsorship, shirt sales, merchandise etc. We will be recognised abroad in the same way as the dippers and rags. Fernandinho Torres, Phil Foden and a few other lucky youngsters will get to watch and learn from the GOAT day in, day out. And finally, he will single handedly win us so many games and I would be amazed if we didn’t win the champions league with him.

apart from that, yes I can see why you wouldn’t want him.
Messi is probably worth more to City than 3 CL wins in terms of fanbase he will bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.