Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope he didn’t pull it out of his ass. Report close to the operation and as published in Marca in Spain. He will cost Manchester City 750 million euros.
5 seasons ( 3 @ City, 2 @ NYC ) with a gross salary of 100 million per year

250 million as a sign on bonus to be executed when he joins NYC to avoid issues with the financial fair play.

This would obviously be the arrangement if we gets to leave Barcelona for free.

Utter madness. I have a hard time believe FIFA would not have something to say.
You have a hard time avoiding dribbling on your Velcro shoes, I’d imagine.

Nope he didn’t pull it out of his ass. Report close to the operation and as published in Marca in Spain. He will cost Manchester City 750 million euros.
5 seasons ( 3 @ City, 2 @ NYC ) with a gross salary of 100 million per year

250 million as a sign on bonus to be executed when he joins NYC to avoid issues with the financial fair play.

This would obviously be the arrangement if we gets to leave Barcelona for free.

Utter madness. I have a hard time believe FIFA would not have something to say.

It's a clearly made up contractual arrangement.

My worry is that we get him and next march after the presidential elections his mate Xavi is installed as manager and we then have months of stories that he wants to go back "home" and City end up letting him leave.

Don't get me wrong only a fool would turn down the chance to get him on a free but if we have to pay millions for the privilege of having him here he'd better be here for 3 years at least or else we'd be better off going for a Sancho or an Haarland.

Personally I think he's just doing a bigger version of the annual Messi dance. Happy to be proven wrong of course.

Agree with what you're saying.

However I really trust the city bosses. I think we've learnt from past dealings that City will never overpay for a player and definitely have the ability to stand their ground with other clubs. I can imagine Pep wants Messi, just like he wanted Alexis Sanchez and Mahrez (1st time round) but if the numbers don't add up then we will literally move on with no F***s given!

City have a very well oiled machine and we get absolutely no credit for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.