Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said I think they were great buys but I was talking in the context of us not overpaying for players, if they represent bargains because of how they turned out which I agree you could argue they are one has to acknowledge that we have probably overpayed for players such as Stones, Mendy, Nolito, Bravo Jovetic Fernando etc.
All about opinions mate & mine is different to yours. I’ll acknowledge some of that, but I’d suggest that:

Nolito was a Spanish international who only cost £14 mill so don’t agree we overpaid, even though he didn’t cut the mustard

Stones was fantastic during the first half of the Centurion season, but has since fallen off a cliff, so you might have an argument there, but comparing him to Maguire....maybe we haven’t overpaid?

Bravo, Jovetic & Fernando I definitely can’t disagree with.

Mendy.....jury’s still out for me due to his awful injuries

Let’s take a look at the rest of the squad
Ederson - Great value
Steffan - Looks like a potential bargain
Walker - Fair price adding the English player tax
Zinchenko - £1.5m bargain
Cancelo - Jury still out
Angelino - Not worked out yet, but definitely a bargain with the amount we’ll make off selling him
Otamendi - very reasonable price for one of the best CB from La Liga the previous season
Laporte - 2nd best CB in the prem very reasonable price
Fernandinho - Great value
Bernardo - I’d say we got him on the cheap looking at other transfers that season
KDB - Absolute bargain when compared to say.....Pogba
Rodri - We will see
Gundogan - steal at £24 mill
Jesus - absolute steal
FFS Mahrez - Former Prem Player of year, & regardless of what many think about him, looking at his stats, fair price I’d suggest
Sterling - Definitely not overpaid for him. £50mill now looking a bargain
Torres - No idea never seen him play

So i’d suggest most of current squad have been fair value or bargains especially looking at our honours over the past few years.

Add to that the Turkish? Kid & Mooey we bought & sold for big profit.

We very rarely buy bargain basement players, but I don’t think we overpay for our players anymore, but just my opinion mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.