Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way it will be sad if he leaves Barca like this. Probably deserves to be a one club man. However, something is clearly wrong there for him to pushing for a move so much, I don't think it's about money this time. He's a passionate kid. You could see how destroyed he was in that 8-2 game, and he's also done the same for Argentina when retiring a couple of times before coming back.

The greatest player to play the game certainly in my lifetime. Possibly ever. I'll never forget a game not so long ago, maybe 2 years in a classico at Madrid. He got absolutely kicked to pieces by Casemero, lunged at by Ramos (who got sent off, surprise!) and then scored a last minute winner from the edge of the box. All this after playing most of the first half chewing on a white tissue, still running the show and scoring after Marcelo removed a couple of his teeth!

An astonishing player. Still plenty left in the tank and although probably not what we desperately need at the moment, this is a once in a lifetime chance to propel the club's stature forward on and off the pitch and for years to come. The figures have got to be right though.

I'd be very surprised to see Jesus involved, not least because as of a few hours ago most journalists (Cheeseman himself included) seemed to agree that no big-name City players would be included.

If someone had said a few weeks ago that we could sign Messi for €100m & Jesus & Garcia, then I think most people would have took their arm off. I think because there is talk of getting him free, that people think this is a bad deal. Ake cost £40m. We're talking about Messi. I still don't think it will cost that much, but even if it did I wouldn't mind. Half the people on here were calling Jesus shite a few weeks ago, I don't agree, but I don't think he would be the biggest miss either. We would need to sign another striker if he went though, so not sure he would go.

Last edited:
If someone had said a few weeks ago that we could sign Messi for £100m & Jesus & Garcia, then I think most people would have took their arm off. I think because there is talk of getting him free, that people think this is a bad deal. Ake cost £40m. Were talking about Messi. I still don't think it will cost that much, but even if it did I wouldn't mind. Half the people on here were calling Jesus shite a few weeks ago, I don't agree, but I don't think he would be the biggest miss either. We would need to sign another striker if he went though, so not sure he would go.
I don’t think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.