Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucked up that Messi skipped training and testing, has told all his connections he wants to leave, said his goodbyes, instructed his agent to facilitate the move but because barty, who didn’t want to sell anyway nor does he answer his phone, said no he changed his mind!

if true jorgi’s a bit of a weakling...

I think we are all over the place but that come across that way because I’m answering so many different people with so many different perspectives on it.

I don’t know what will happen. I don’t believe Messi will play for Barcelona anymore. Now having said this, if our present does not agree to negotiate it will either end in court or he could get back to training or if he chooses to sit out the season pending the courts ruling.

We know city can’t pay anything over 100-120 for a potential transfer. Yet many argue that Messi is a free man. I think we all have to agree that if the family and legal team of Messi are meeting with Barcelona, it’s to convey that he won’t stay under any circumstances and that they need for the Barcelona to facilitate the negotiations based everything he has done for the club.

So who is playing bluff ? Who has the legal edge ?

we know Barcelona need to balance the sheets and one would assume they aren’t in a position to turn down cash for Messi. But the president has given all indications that he not going to budge. Can he do that? Sure he can because we know how the contract is written. It says he had until October to say he was leaving.

Messi on the other hand is not very credible in the sense that he says he’s free, his contract says otherwise and to top it all off he has his camp asking Barcelona to negotiate. So what is it Messi ? Are you free or are you not. Contract clearly says NOT.

So let’s say it goes to court ? Barcelona has a contact that indicates his freedom is 700 million, it’s safe to say the judge isn’t going to award them 700 million, but if they decide to take legal recourse, Messi and City are risking that the courts will rule anything from zero to 700 million. When you go to court the judge takes many things into account and a mayor factor in this is the amount of financial consequences it would generate for Barcelona with his loss.
I don’t see a judge saying less than 100 ( his salary ) and possibly double for the marketing and sponsorship losses.

Will City take the risk of requesting the temporary transfer from FIFA and await for the resolution ? What if the amount awarded takes them over the FIFA fair play restriction ?

Anything is possible, but it’s clear Barcelona’s president has the upper hand.

Barcelona have zero edge, and no high ground. Even if contrctually they were bang on, which i doubt, they have a 33 year old who refuses to play for them, on high wages, for one more year. Any club could lowball and play the game of transfer window poker, to get to up to at most 100m, no more. With that comes insane disruption and a circus all year, inability to sign replacements, heck it'll ruin the new manager's preseason as it is, .

Barca arent getting 700m. They aren't getting messi next year either . this is about gambling based on the player not wanting to take his club to court, and city not wanting to be seen to be enabling that, Not on whether they think they'd win in court or not. It is bravado to frustrate into paying more. But that frustration can go too far, backfire into a petty stance where they Do end up in court, get some money, which would hatdly be worth the embarrassment inflicted on the club and player.

So his dad flies half way round the world goes to meeting. “We want you’re Lionel to stay” ok then if true what a wimp! If Messi really does want to leave I bet he’s fuming at his dad!

He will probably end up staying until 2021, but who knows. Tyc Sports have been fairly bang on with everything so far and they report he's 90% going to stay until 2021. If that's the case, we will just move on and acquire the targets we were supposed to get- Koulibaly, Aouar and a left back. We are in a win win situation.

Either way, we cannot lose. If he doesn't sign for us, we've rattled Barcelona/their president, we've been the talk of the town and it's been very enjoyable reading Messi to Man City reports every day. If we do get him happy days - best player in the world, media attention and commercial growth!

For Messi to leave Barcelona now it would take going to Fifa/Courts. I'm not sure he will. Or we'd have to negotiate a fee with Barcelona- and again I'm not sure they're willing to talk on that front.

However, what we 100% do know is that Lionel Messi wants to leave Barcelona this season. Getting him out of the club is a much harder task, and it sounds like all 3 parties don't want to go to court about this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.