Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I totally agree with you - member owned clubs also mean the fans get a say in the direction of the club. Benefits and negatives to both models.

Which I think can also be detrimental. Fans don't always know what they want, or what's best for the club.

If I pitted one Khaldoon against the intellect of 50,100,200 average Joe's, I'm tipping Khaldoon every time.

The 90% staying story reads to me as a pretty obvious part of the negotiation tactics from the Messi side - a threat that, if Barca don’t start to compromise, he’ll stay on his current terms, sign for his new club in January (just 4 short months away), and leave for nothing in June.

Barca are fucked financially, and are unlikely to countenance throwing away a substantial transfer free now purely out of stubbornness.

Bartomeu needs Messi to sign an extension - which even the 90% story says isn’t happening.And that’s significant.

Providing Messi and his team don’t suddenly decide on a complete about turn, and sign a new deal (which no-one is credibly claiming is a possibility) then this will get done.

All the Twitter bullshit everyone is getting themselves so worked up about is just noise. We’d do well to remember that.

Blew up on or off the field?

Off the field two words tell you how different we are.....Peter Swales.
Fair point, but whilst being one of the best ever players to have played the game do you think he'd have a destabilise effect on the team?

Given his age, he is at the wrong end of his career, is he worth this kind of mone, not withstanding the fact he will probably make a massive contribution to his cost through shirt sales and all the other paraphernalia that will inevitably come with him?

The 90% staying story reads to me as a pretty obvious part of the negotiation tactics from the Messi side - a threat that, if Barca don’t start to compromise, he’ll stay on his current terms, sign for his new club in January (just 4 short months away), and leave for nothing in June.

Barca are fucked financially, and are unlikely to countenance throwing away a substantial transfer free now purely out of stubbornness.

Bartomeu needs Messi to sign an extension - which even the 90% story says isn’t happening.And that’s significant.

Providing Messi and his team don’t suddenly decide on a complete about turn, and sign a new deal (which no-one is credibly claiming is a possibility) then this will get done.

All the Twitter bullshit everyone is getting themselves so worked up about is just noise. We’d do well to remember that.
The voice of reason.

Nothing has changed. Messi is on strike. His only possible destination is City. The rest is a dance or a negotiation.Nothing is ever done until it’s done and I often use the phrase “many a slip b’twixt cup n lip” to talk about transfers but in this instance I feel like this is more a matter of when not if.
That’s basically where I’m at, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.