Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bartomeu would be happy with that I'm sure.

Potentially. Then again, perhaps not. if it means in the short term, he isn't seen as the president who sold messi, he gets that. If indeed in January messi agrees a deal with another club (doesn't have to be us) to go for free in the summer, he is absolutely fucked, come the elections, and beyond with no money coming in for messi.

this changes the tide a fair bit, both ways.

Fuck it.. see what happens.. I’ve cracked open the cherry bakewells and a brew... but if a club offers me a 5 year lucrative package or linger unhappily at my present club for 1 more year, then I know what I’d be doing... aaahhh... the cherry bakewell..

There is nothing in the articles those tweets from deportes cuatro to suggest he has decided to stay at all. They are literally twisting the words Messi's father said when he was jumped by reporters, the "difficult" comments.

The whole basis of him "deciding to stay" is based on what we already know with their own spin on it. That it is "difficult" to stay they have put as "now looking to stay another year". It is complete bollocks. The reports rely on the known info Bartomeu does not want to budge as being the reason they "think", not know, is why he will stay. It is just guess work and spin.

Google translate the links below and have a read for yourselves.

From google translate:
" The first to arrive was Leo's brother, Rodrigo, and later his father did. It was then that the Deportes Cuatro cameras captured the player's father, who hinted at the more than possible option for Messi to continue one more year in Barcelona. ".

They are using those few brief words where he said he has not spoke to City and it would be difficult as teh basis for their reasoning he is staying it looks like. I am not rubbishing the articles because it is what i don't want to hear, there is just nothing to them outside of seemingly fighting Bartomeu's corner with no links to Messi's camp. Even sport.es use the same info to say its not what Barca fans want to hear and it looks grim, in short.

There's a leaving fee if he leaves next year that Barcelona has to give him which is a big fee at that. It's a loss for Barca if he stays. So might at as well cash in now and get something. This is why I mean this is to get into negotiation.
ohh!

Wish we'd just get Koulibaly done, far more important for the squad.

Leave the Messi family to sort it with Barca, and when they come back and say I'm free to sign, it's going to cost £88 mil, or I'm staying another year and then I'll defiantly be free we get involved.

If he's free next year, perhaps a two year deal, but he's probably best his best by then.

Unfortunely, there's a million and one people supposedly 'in the know' on twitter and the media haven't got a clue what is going on, best to ignore until City or Messi actually say something.

Players we could have been negotiating for prior to the Messi deal might not come to us now whilst we have wasted time on a transfer that was never going to come off.

We shouldn't have stopped all transfer activity unless we were sure we could get him from Barcelona. Appears like what I said before about his Club being in control of the deal was right- even though I got called a fucking idiot for it.

Chelsea are moving in the market, time we did the same and stopped getting hung up on a 33 year old. We MOVE lads.

CTID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.