Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As if a manager in a bn € deal would drop his true strategy to some random paparazzo from his car window...

As if the Messi camp would be too stupid to analyze the contract in detail before quitting the job and going on strike as the biggest event in world football of the last decades...

As if Pep, Txiki and Soriano would be too stupid to analyze Messi's contract in detail and their own budget and business strategy before entering into this tricky situation baring a lot of serious threats...

WTF is going on here.

Last edited:
There’s some flapping on here... it’s almost certainly a tactic by Messi and his team. They ask to leave and Barca behave unreasonably- demanding €700m. The most obvious tactic - which is the one they have employed is to say okay I’ll stay, I won’t sign an extension but if you want I’ll sit here until June, I’m unhappy, you’ve irreparably damaged our relationship but you can pay me until the end of June and I’ll sign a pre contract with City in January. The ball is now in Barca’s court - pay close to £50m in wages etc to an uncommitted player who is going to undermine the Board, the fans are upset at the way a legend has been treated and this will be a long slow painful separation that will end any hopes of reelection. OR accept its over and try to get any sort of fee for him and start the rebuilding process and move on. There’s a few twists and turns to this drama yet and I really don’t think Messi sitting tight plays to anyone’s agenda.
The flapping is because comments have been attributed to Messi Senior and inferences made which people take in good faith.

As to where the ball is, it is in Messi's court. He's set this all up with good approach play, and now to smash it away.

I honestly don't understand why Barca would want to keep Messi now.

I could understand it, if he'd said fuck all, but he's given them a perfect opportunity to get his wages off the books & start to build a new team. Every team has to rebuild & he's actually given the President an easy way to start it off.

I don't disagree. There's the momentum for a motion of censure ongoing atm which is aided by the mess many are attributing to Bartomeu which could see his mandate end sooner and advance all the indictments he would face due to the financial state of the club. So if he can get ahead of it and at least ensure a proper farewell, that could influence things in his favor but as I mentioned earlier it might all just be a tactic to use it as leverage to get the best transfer possible from City

We'll see. I think we're closer to the end of this saga than some might think

Don’t forget Messi is effectively on strike. He hasn’t turned up when required. That says to me strongly that he wants out.

Having said that this is a potentially earth-shattering deal both for City and European football. That sort of deal is definitely not settled in a couple of days. Patience is the key here folks. Soriano is over there. Let our experts work this out.

Disagree, it's wrong to assume that one individual person knows exactly whats best for the club and its supporters. As I said, there are positives and negatives to both models - but don't be so quick to take any power out of members hands.

That's why we've got a board.

Agree there are positives and negatives to both, but when it comes to a sporting club, there's just so much emotion and agenda driven nonsense that people tend to lose their heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.