Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had already had 2 months pay of his final year before he decided, he just should have read his contract.
Messi did explain that he didn't want to submit the decision whilst Barcelona still had games to play. I mean, if you're still playing games then the season isn't over.

So they make 5%. Ergo it’s not nonsense lol. How much does a shirt cost to produce? How much profit is there? I bet a 100,000 shirts with 5% income is still a fuckin huge amount.
I sell and have made a product for my company. It costs me $.50 yet I sell it for £8!
Let’s say a shirt is £65 they get 5% that’s around £400,000 just off a 100,000 shirts but I bet they sell a shit load more than that Per season. Then other sponsorship endorsements and they’ll easily make up his wage so again they don’t need to shift him on.
A quick google shows Barça sell roughly 1m Messi shirts a year at £70 a shirt, that’s £3.5m or €4.1m per year just on Messi shirts. If anyone thinks they can’t bring in the other £47-48m through other revenue sources then they are nuts.
This is if they actually make only 5%, a look online says city made £18 a shirt last season so if Barça made let’s say £15 that’s €17.7m just in Messi shirts alone meaning they need to find €34.3m to fund his wage. At £18 profit that’s €21.2m so now only €30.7m to find.... See where I’m going with this? Like I said, they don’t NEED to sell him as some are clinging on to.

First of all, your value of £18 per shirt is flawed - you've got it off an article in the Sun where they state that it's a massive "if". But for the sake of it, let's take it at value even though it's bollocks. City wouldn't make £18 per shirt sold, they were paid £65m by Puma so the £18 is that contract value divided by shirts sold as well as all other merchandise. If city sold another million shirts they wouldn't get another £18m, the value per shirt would have just go down. And that's me being generous because city sell less than 1.1 million shirts per year, total. What I'm saying is, it's guaranteed money it doesn't go up or down to any real value.

In terms of Barca, they would sell those shirts regardless it's NOT additional income, the club didn't sell an extra million shirts because of Messi. The only difference is that Messi is printed on the back which earns the club virtually nothing. Barca sell a total of 1.9 million shirts per year, by your logic if Messi left they'd only sell 900,000.

So, as I said, shirt sales making any difference to a clubs finances is a myth, the numbers aren't there.

Last edited:
Having slept on I think I was so annoyed because I let myself believe he was coming this time , i think he waited too long ,a couple of years ago was the time , the moment has passed, both sides left it too long ,the fact that he wanted to leave and come to us are two different things I think,nobody else had pep or our money so where else could have gone?

He might regret he didn't have the balls to do this sooner,that is his problem though ,i hope it is over, the fact he was tied with us is good for our profile and must have boiled some
Piss

Sorry again for kicking off yesterday , never again will I get so invested in a transfer story !

He had already had 2 months pay of his final year before he decided, he just should have read his contract.
Yeah you’re right, everything was totally normal about the end of the season. He should have put in a transfer request whilst they were battling for la liga and CL.

And did you miss the bit where I said Bartomeu said on Barca TV that all Messi has to do was tell them before the 2021 season started?

You've missed out the design and manufacture costs, the advertising, packaging and delivery costs, the store costs (and profits for the store), the fees and government taxes.
A £70 shirt is not worth £70 to the manufacturer. Far from it.

No I haven’t, City made £18 a shirt last season, that’s our take home... A shirt to produce for Puma will be minimal trust me. I know the owner of a know brand in Manchester in the 90’s who bought T-shirt’s from China at pence and sold them to joe public for £30+ he sold the company years later for I think it was around £18m, he recently sold a Utd player his £2m house for £3.5 because he wanted it so bad. Puma are an even bigger entity and produce not just City’s shirts but multiple teams, they’ll be paying virtually nothing for each piece.
I buy from China and Pakistan all the time and the cost to purchase is pence. I know brands like 5.11 who purchase from the same factories I do yet they sell products for £80+ Vs mine at £40. But their branding is recognised worldwide. There’s a reason Companies like Nike, Puma, Adidas, Red Bull etc etc can afford to pay billions a year in sponsorship and it’s not because they only make a few quid. If you are in the business of clothing, accessories etc and not paying pence rather than pounds then you’re not using the right places or dealing with the right people.

sorry mate im not arguing but him of SSN said city will need to sell 10 million shirts and still not make enough for his wages and they must be right. right

I never said just shirt sales... They are part of it clearly but adverts, promotions, sponsor increases etc will more than pay for his wages had he come. Nissan would use him to sell their ne t SUV, Etislat to sell mobile packaged, the tyre company to sell, well, rubber! Etihad to sell flights... it’s endless and that’s where the money to fund these deals comes from. Barça are in the same boat so have no need to sell him like some suggest, he’ll more than make the money up.

Yeah you’re right, everything was totally normal about the end of the season. He should have put in a transfer request whilst they were battling for la liga and CL.

And did you miss the bit where I said Bartomeu said on Barca TV that all Messi has to do was tell them before the 2021 season started?

I’ve said it before I find it inconceivable that the contract simply relied on start/end of season - there would have been dates in it or start/end refers to dates that are agreed and recognised across al competitions and al parties

Having slept on I think I was so annoyed because I let myself believe he was coming this time , i think he waited too long ,a couple of years ago was the time , the moment has passed, both sides left it too long ,the fact that he wanted to leave and come to us are two different things I think,nobody else had pep or our money so where else could have gone?

He might regret he didn't have the balls to do this sooner,that is his problem though ,i hope it is over, the fact he was tied with us is good for our profile and must have boiled some
Piss

Sorry again for kicking off yesterday , never again will I get so invested in a transfer story !
Don’t worry Kaz. We all felt the same way. It was an amazing roller coaster of emotions.

Messi did explain that he didn't want to submit the decision whilst Barcelona still had games to play. I mean, if you're still playing games then the season isn't over.

Yep his boss used the covid19 to expect his plays to ignore their contracts to play to the end of the season. Yet when a player said he would like to leave as per contract his boss said 'get fucked you missed your chance should have told me by the 10th June' . It was a one way thing the player has been used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.