Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure the favourite for the top job now Barto is gone has said that if Messi wants to go then he can, so at least we have removed one of the obstacles. I think Messi may still fancy it, would certainly allow the board to have a fresh start.

He did, but that was politics, say anything as long sd it is the opposite to what the current board do/say. Doubt they'd stick with that once it is their position in power.

The idea was fun whilst it lasted. I simply cannot see the first act of a new President/board to be telling the fan base that they will not be renewing Messi’s contract

It’s inconceivable to me

The idea was fun whilst it lasted. I simply cannot see the first act of a new President/board to be telling the fan base that they will not be renewing Messi’s contract

It’s inconceivable to me
Whilst that may be true they can’t make him sign a new contract if he does want to leave. So it’s still possible, but hey if he doesn’t join it’s not the end of the world

It’s inconceivable to me

In the end, the player decides whether to extend or not - case in point, Eric Garcia

What will Leo do? It's unclear and while it is phenomenal what has transpired over past 2 months to finally culminate in Barto's resignation there is dust to be settled still. Only changes are that his decision is less clear than it was in August since the situation continues to evolve

On one hand thats the only obstacle that stopped Messi leaving sin the last window is now gone but on the other a big reason as to why he wanted to leave in the first place has gone.

This doesn’t solve barca’s Financial issues so the likelihood he will be winning titles at Barca in his last few years hasn’t improved, if it’s really about him wanting to finish at the very top then nothing’s changed, if it’s just about him being comfortable then maybe it has. Can’t see a January bid, we can get him for free in 6 months, any fee would be relatively nominal at that point, would it be worth them losing the worlds best player for half a season for a few that’s not going to help them all that much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.