Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laporta said in an interview this morning that “the world doesn’t end if Messi is gone”

Would make no sense leaving Barca then, PSG's sporting project begins and ends with Neymar and Mbappe.
Agreed, who did they start with at Old Toilet last night. Their centre forward/striker was that Everton goal machine Moise Keane. Really?, he wouldn't get a game with my dogs in the garden. PSG didn't look up to much imo.

I am not normally someone who links all the numbers together and comes out with a definitive positive outcome.

But it does look likeMessi has only one of two otions here and one of the options can't afford to keep him.

Barca are looking to save themselves 1015m by getting Garcia on a free

Barca are potentially sacrifficing anywhere between 50-100m by refusing to sell Messi who doesnt want to be there.....and thats before you get to th wages he will cost them between the start of this season and when he leaves (if he does)

Now of course Garcia will play for many years beyond Messi whereever he does end up so it cold be argued that they are getting thre money back this way and of course they could sell him on......the counter argument to that is the fact whether Garcia is good enough plus the loss of revenue through sponsorship that Messi brings in

Barca are looking to save themselves 1015m by getting Garcia on a free

Barca are potentially sacrifficing anywhere between 50-100m by refusing to sell Messi who doesnt want to be there.....and thats before you get to th wages he will cost them between the start of this season and when he leaves (if he does)

Now of course Garcia will play for many years beyond Messi whereever he does end up so it cold be argued that they are getting thre money back this way and of course they could sell him on......the counter argument to that is the fact whether Garcia is good enough plus the loss of revenue through sponsorship that Messi brings in
£1015m? Cripes! Garcia's value has shot up!

Laporta said in an interview this morning that “the world doesn’t end if Messi is gone”

Laporta’s quote taken out of context. He was directly asked if there is any positive aspect of Messi leaving:

Without Messi, Barça will continue. Barça will not be over. It has always happened in the course of our history. But I think it’s better that he stays, at least to be able to try to convince him. But it will not be easy...in the current situation of the club, which makes it difficult to compete with other very powerful offers. But it will not only be a matter of money, but also of offering you an attractive proposal. But, of course, the economic part also weighs. I trust he will wait to hear what the new club president is proposing to him.

Laporta’s quote taken out of context. He was directly asked if there is any positive aspect of Messi leaving:

Without Messi, Barça will continue. Barça will not be over. It has always happened in the course of our history. But I think it’s better that he stays, at least to be able to try to convince him. But it will not be easy...in the current situation of the club, which makes it difficult to compete with other very powerful offers. But it will not only be a matter of money, but also of offering you an attractive proposal. But, of course, the economic part also weighs. I trust he will wait to hear what the new club president is proposing to him.

With more context, it's even more damning IMO - him saying they'll offer an 'attractive proposal' but can't compete other than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.