Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we feel somewhat threatened by PSG or another club for this deal, then it would be colossally stupid not to take advantage of the fact we have something they want (Garcia) in January.
Messi will go where and when he wants, the Garcia deal has nothing to do with it. Garcia is going regardless.

As I said a few days ago, I would be floored if he went to PSG. This is all nonsense for PSG to deflect away from Mbappe leaving and them floundering in the CL. They are also not flying in Ligue1.

Messi will go where and when he wants, the Garcia deal has nothing to do with it. Garcia is going regardless.

As I said a few days ago, I would be floored if he went to PSG. This is all nonsense for PSG to deflect away from Mbappe leaving and them floundering in the CL. They are also not flying in Ligue1.
The Garcia deal can be a way to persuade Barcelona to not drag this on

It think signing Messi in the twilight of his career would feel similar to receiving a vintage 34 year old magnum of champers that's about to cork and go flat. Sorry to pop anyones bubble but it's a no from me.
If you pointed a bottle at your face and popped the cork it would still hurt like fuck though. ;-)

Think Messi will stay at Barcelona until the Summer.

Not for the Directors, or the club, but for the fans.

He won't walk out in January.

I think he wants to win the CL this season as a leaving present for the fans. La Liga has gone.

Messi aside.

City will wait until the Summer and hopefully get Messi on a free. Why pay Barcelona anything in January. Barcelona had the chance ofa a transfer fee, and to get Messi's wages off the club pay roll in the Summer. Barcelona decided to make Messi stay. Those Directors who made that decision have now resigned.

Hopefully Messi will be a City player in 6-7months time?
This is a perfectly envisageable scenario and it certainly accords with the explanation Messi gave in the last window of his decision to stay. It depends, however, on how the situation has developed since. Bartomeu is now out of the way and we don't know if the demand for the notorious £700 million still stands in January. There are signs that Barca's attitude may have softened and even that the club is preparing fans for the great man's departure. It is hard to see that the club's finances have not deteriorated since the window closed and the question of wages is a massive problem. If the financial plight of the club is really as dire as I believe and Barca's fans share this view there may be an acceptance that he must go (or accept playing for nothing!) and must go as soon as possible.

This would bring us to City and our club's attitude. A lot may depend on our attitude to any involvement of PSG. Last summer it seemed that if Messi left Barca he was only heading to the Etihad: he rang Pep up and they talked for four hours, we believe, and Messi's father said he had no interest in joining anyone else! The only problem may be if Barca want a deal in January and PSG are prepared - and can within FFP - make a serious bid. City would then have to decide if we are so sure that he wants to come to City that we are not prepared to pay. Personally I would pay because I think Messi in the team would give us an odds on shot at all 4 trophies bu I simply have zero knowledge of our contacts with Messi, or of PSG's.

Honestly, I think if PSG gets involved and tries to seduce him, it does reduce our chances significantly as we won’t go as crazy financially as they will. That’s why January with a Garcia swap deal seems better than waiting until summer.

Honestly, I think if PSG gets involved and tries to seduce him, it does reduce our chances significantly as we won’t go as crazy financially as they will. That’s why January with a Garcia swap deal seems better than waiting until summer.
Surely he’s on a fuck tonne at Barcelona anyway? So the money doesn’t matter as much as the sporting project

Guardiola / Sergio v Neymar. He wouldn’t give PSG a first thought never mind a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.