Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messi will pay for himself and it's obvious from a commercial point of view a good deal for the club otherwise we wouldn't bother.

Messi is huge.
I don't care what he would bring financially, I care about this team, and in my humble opinion he is NOT what we need. I also doubt what financially he would bring to MCFC, no doubt if and when he went to the MLS and NYCFC he would be a gold mine, but not directly for MCFC.

We need a serious injection of youth hunger and enthusiasm.

A 34 yr old, who has seen and done it all at the club of his dreams is not going to give us that.

Messi does not want to play for MCFC, he wants to play for Pep, big, big difference and one to me that is not healthy.

Barcelona are on their arse financial wise we're absolutely nothing alike. Couple of additions and we'll be back to being a great football side, Barcelona need a full refurb.

KDB so pissed yet he's committing to a new deal tut.
KDB commiting to himself to a deal that would pay him 350k a week until he is in his mid 35, not rocket science to sign that is it?

I don't care what he would bring financially, I care about this team, and in my humble opinion he is NOT what we need.

We need a serious injection of youth hunger and enthusiasm.

A 34 yr old, who has seen and done it all at the club of his dreams is not going to give us that.

Messi does not want to play for MCFC, he want to play for Pep, big, big difference and one to me that is not healthy.

Age is just a number to some players look at Ibrahimovich & Ronaldo both still going strong. Messi for 2 years is a no brainer imo especially if he's free, he'll raise our profile, bring in some confidence, and I'm sure everyone in our side would love him to arrive.

Agree with u about hungry youth players and imo we already have some.

If our future development is hinged on a 33yo who’s passed his best and untried in the PL then we are on a slippery slope. The only reason to sign him now is for the commercial benefits

Age is just a number to some players look at Ibrahimovich & Ronaldo both still going strong. Messi for 2 years is a no brainer imo especially if he's free, he'll raise our profile, bring in some confidence, and I'm sure everyone in our side would love him to arrive.

Agree with u about hungry youth players and imo we already have some.
Nothing free on a player on north of 500k a week

It dawned on me last night for the first time that not qualifying for the chumps league is a very strong possibility. Would Messi come to a team that’s not in Europe in the final years of his career? I don’t think so.

Didn't want him early last summer, changed my mind when I got giddy and now I'm back to thinking it's a shit idea.

He's not what the team needs and this would either be one of those transfer that goes to plan or would be an absolute shitshow with no inbetween.

Pep's extension, Garcia still making the squad and Messi getting one last payday. Some of the other decision making has been terrible and it's hard not to think that the Barca boys are putting way too much stock in Barca things. Shit, look how it's worked out for Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.